Customer Supply Chain Champion – Ontario/Atlantic Region
- Mississauga, Canada
Are you interested in working for General Mills Canada and being a part of an outstanding company that makes some of the best-loved brands in the world and can provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career?
With nearly $3 billion in international sales, more than 12,000 international employees, superior global brands and a culture of excellence and innovation, General Mills is an exciting place to work!
At General Mills Canada, we are an important source of growth and development for an award-winning company that sells consumer food products in more than 100 countries around the world. Our business is driven by passion and a commitment to excellence. We have a focused, results-driven culture that combines exciting opportunities and projects with the chance to partner with talented people who have distinct goals and ambitions. When you join the General Mills family, you’re telling the world that you’re among the very best.
In 2013 General Mills was ranked as one of the world’s most reputable companies (Reputation Institute), and one of the top places to work in IT (Computerworld).
To provide strategic leadership and superior execution within the Customer Supply Chain team; against the ongoing Mission to “supply outstanding customer value through best in class service and cost effective business solutions”. General Mills Customer Supply Chain is responsible for the development, management, enhancement and execution of the General Mills “end to end” connected flow of goods to customers. Responsibilities also include leading General Mills & customer specific supply chain initiatives that improve GMCC performance and customer satisfaction. This role will be responsible for all Ontario & Atlantic Canada customers for total General Mills business and will be located in Mississauga Head Office.
- Along with management team; develop and execute ongoing Long Range Plan; including vision, mission, strategies, team structure & culture of the General Mills Canada Customer Supply Chain organization.
- Build strong customer relationships at all levels to improve overall process efficiencies and develop new/improved customer specific supply chain initiatives; based on productivity opportunities. Work in conjunction with Sales Teams on gold standard service, applicable programs; customer initiatives, market execution and enabling sales.
- In collaboration with Sales & Customer; develop and meet annual scorecard metrics against service & replenishment.
- Direct & manage operational activities for both the order management and replenishment SOPs; ensuring goals are achieved.
- Develop and align team goals with the strategic direction of the GMCC organization and customer organization.
- Provide leadership interface to related internal functions at the Manager, Director and Vice President level for issue resolution; ongoing performance and support for new initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with other supply chain and cross-functional groups; such as Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Transportation, Distribution, Trade Marketing, Finance and IT.
- Support Efficient Replenishment go-to-market platform on a customer specific basis.
- Act as a “Customer Advocate” internally; facilitating alignment of GMCC service & replenishment performance with customer expectations; while improving the overall business results.
- Provide leadership to gain customer compliance to company policies or facilitate changing/modifying of policies.
- Determine direction for recruitment, training, development, structure and performance management for Customer Supply Chain team. Develop exceptional career planning and development opportunities for employees to create best in class team.
- Create and foster a motivating and team-oriented work environment.
- Provide industry and customer insight in order to benchmark performance & establish and maintain an industry leading service & replenishment position.
- Represent General Mills within outside Industry associations; as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with 3PL Distribution Transportation Partners; to enhance ongoing customer service & satisfaction.
- Reports to Director of Customer Supply Chain
- Works closely with Sales organization at a mid & senior level.
- Works closely with other internal functions such as Marketing, Promotions, Logistics, Supply Planning, Demand Planning, IT and Finance.
- Collaborative relationships with Customer’s supply chain directors, managers and analysts; including replenishment, demand planning and transportation
- Two Customer Service Operations Specialist direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry; preferably with supply chain and direct customer experience.
- Significant experience in people management and leadership capability within a team based environment.
- Strong business knowledge, communication, relationship building, influence, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Project management and business process re-engineering skills is an asset.
Applications will be accepted until end of day April 28, 2014.