Retail Sales Representative-Mississauga, Ontario
- Mississauga, Canada
Are you interested in working for General Mills Canada and being a part of an outstanding company that makes some of the best-loved brands in the world and can provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career?
With nearly $18 billion in international sales, more than 41,000 international employees, superior global brands and a culture of excellence and innovation, General Mills is an exciting place to work!
At General Mills Canada, we are an important source of growth and development for an award-winning company that sells consumer food products in more than 100 countries around the world. Our business is driven by passion and a commitment to excellence. We have a focused, results-driven culture that combines exciting opportunities and projects with the chance to partner with talented people who have distinct goals and ambitions. When you join the General Mills family, you’re telling the world that you’re among the very best.
The Sales Representative position is considered a key role within Sales. As such, this position will provide you with great opportunities to make an immediate impact and leave your mark on the business.
- Maximize General Mills' business opportunities within an assigned geographical territory in Canada.
- Utilize a variety of marketing and sales tools coupled with your analytical ability, to effectively support consumer promotions & events, increase merchandising and distribution opportunities and enhance on-shelf visibility.
- Identify new business opportunities within the retail environment.
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with customers, business team members and operating departments.
Your Career Development
We do more than just hire outstanding people. We train and develop them – providing each employee the opportunity to lead, succeed and grow. We start with training that helps each individual build on their strengths and improve less developed skills. We feel that the most impactful learning occurs on the job so we provide targeted functional training to support job performance success. We believe your development drives our growth and these experiences will provide you with fresh challenges and increased responsibility to enable you to continuously learn and grow.
Throughout your career in Retail Sales, you will be responsible for maximizing General Mills’ business by applying your knowledge of the industry, customer, consumer and competition to deliver optimal business results. Equally as important are your strategic thinking skills to analyze trends. As a result, we look for the following attributes in our new Sales Representative hires:
• Passion for business leadership
• Analytical and problem solving ability
• Expert communication skills
• Accountability for results
• Ability to influence and execute with enthusiasm
3 – 5yrs experience in sales and a post-secondary education in a related field would be an asset.
Proven Skills in the following areas:
- Ability to work effectively with multiple levels of management and external retail staff
- Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Ability to Influence/lead Change
- Required knowledge Microsoft operating system
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, June 26th, 2014.