Customer Operations Manager
- Mississauga, Canada
Are you interested in working for General Mills Canada and being a part of an outstanding company that makes some of the best-loved brands in the world and can provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career?
With nearly $18 billion in international sales, more than 41,000 international employees, superior global brands and a culture of excellence and innovation, General Mills is an exciting place to work!
At General Mills Canada, we are an important source of growth and development for an award-winning company that sells consumer food products in more than 100 countries around the world. Our business is driven by passion and a commitment to excellence. We have a focused, results-driven culture that combines exciting opportunities and projects with the chance to partner with talented people who have distinct goals and ambitions. When you join the General Mills family, you’re telling the world that you’re among the very best.
To provide strategic leadership and superior execution within the Customer Supply Chain team; against the ongoing Mission to “supply outstanding customer value through best in class service and superior business solutions”.
General Mills Customer Supply Chain is responsible for the development, management, enhancement and execution of the General Mills “end to end” connected flow of goods to customers.
The Customer Operations Manager will deliver operational and service excellence and leverage capabilities to drive supply chain efficiencies and value for Customers and General Mills.
- Own Customer Supply Chain (CSC) operational activities against total order management across all General Mills Canada Categories and direct Customers. Utilize knowledge of GMCC processes, controls, systems and procedures to ensure CSC Team is resolving daily customer service, order processing, logistics and transportation issues.
- Be CSC point for managing service issues, communication, allocations and Early Warning process.
- Enhance order and service effectiveness via process & system improvements, insights development and best practice development & documentation. Seek both capacity and productivity efficiencies throughout the end to end order process.
- Act as CSC interface for the development and commercialization of corporate service, event management, new venture and new product best practices; working directly with internal S&OP Team. As well; collaborate with Supply Chain Development Team to commercialize productivity initiatives; compliance, policies and programs within the total order process.
- Work closely with Customer Supply Chain Champions to translate national order and service management to the achievement of specific customer service targets and customer satisfaction. Act as a “Customer Advocate” internally; facilitating alignment of GMCC service with customer expectations; while improving the overall business results.
- Work collaboratively with NA Supply Chain and 3PL Partners to seek efficiencies and enhance ongoing customer service & satisfaction.
- Lead the ongoing development of Gold Standard Service; both internally and externally.
- Manage, develop and meet annual scorecard metrics against order management and service.
- Lead the development and implementation of CSC Onboarding, Training and Development.
- Develop and align function goals with the strategic direction of both GMCC and Industry.
- Along with Director; develop and execute ongoing Customer Supply Chain Long Range Plan; including vision, mission, strategies, team structure & culture of the General Mills Canada Customer Supply Chain organization.
- Develop specific Long Range Plan for Customer Operations area.
- Along with Director, determine annual direction for recruitment, training, development, structure and performance management for Customer Supply Chain team.
- Create and foster a motivating and team-oriented work environment. Develop exceptional career planning and development opportunities for employees to create best in class team.
- Provide market insights in order to benchmark performance & establish and maintain an industry leading service position. Represent General Mills within outside Industry associations; as appropriate.
- Reports to Director, Customer Supply Chain
- Works closely in collaboration with Customer Supply Chain Champions, Supply Chain Development Group, Business Execution Team, IT, NA Logistics Team and Distribution/Transportation 3PLs
- Also interacts with other internal functions such as Sales, Marketing, Promotions, Supply Planning, Demand Planning, and Finance.
- One Customer Operations Analyst direct report.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry; preferably with supply chain and direct customer experience.
- Experience within SAP would be an asset.
- Significant experience in people management and leadership capability within a team based environment.
- Strong business knowledge, communication, relationship building, influence, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Project management and business process re-engineering skills is an asset.
This posting will remain open until end of day Monday, July 28th, 2014.