- New York, NY
As a new contemporary women’s wear brand based in New York City, Georgie & Elaine is known for a commitment to lasting silhouettes and the use of alternative novelty fabrics. Rooted in an All-American lifestyle, The founder, Devin VanderMaas, prides herself on creating effortless yet enduring separates; utopian for a morning meeting while seamlessly transitioning into the ideal look for an evening out. Georgie & Elaine’s expertise lies in their ability to seamlessly integrate twenty-first century glamour into a refined, quietly elegant signature collection full of timeless American charm.
You can find out more about our company at www.georgieandelaine.com
We are currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic, part-time Public Relations interns to work 15-20 hours per week. We hire on a rolling basis and internships last 3 to 6 months. This internship is UNPAID; school credit is available. The intern will work closely with our PR & Marketing Assistant as well as our Creative Director; and will assist with the overall PR strategy.
You are the right fit if:
- Your education includes Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, or Fashion Business
- You are brilliant at Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign.
- Understanding WordPress and Mac Computers is a plus
- You are interested in and have a passion for branding (especially in a contemporary market)
- You work well independently, are self motivated, and professional at all times
- You have a passion for fashion business, fashion history, and contemporary culture
- You understand the fashion industry, fashion markets, fashion calendars, trade shows and show rooms
- You are excellent on the phone, articulate both verbally and in writing, and are great at following up
- You are persistent, out going, and have high energy
- Skills in photography & styling are not required but a bonus
- You love all fashion media and are passionate about bloggers, magazines, & stylists
- Assisting with press & marketing materials: Media Kits, Press Releases, Creative Bio’s & About (s)
- Assist with events: viewing parties, holiday parties, trade shows, pop up shops, trunk shows etc.
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter content; as well as Pinterest & Polyvore
- Blogging; research & outreach to bloggers; collaboration ideas.
- Assisting with outreach to achieve our press goals in print media, televised media, digital media, and celebrity representation.
- PR & Market Research
- Help maintain and update the press clippings book (in print and online)
In your cover letter, please include:
-Possible start and end dates
-Days/times of the week available
-What you could bring to this internship
-Your skill level with Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, and social media
Please send resumes to email@example.com