Product Development & Merchandising Internship
- New York, NY
As a new contemporary women’s wear brand based in New York City, Georgie & Elaine is known for a commitment to lasting silhouettes and the use of alternative novelty fabrics. Rooted in an All-American lifestyle, The founder, Devin VanderMaas, prides herself on creating effortless yet enduring separates; utopian for a morning meeting while seamlessly transitioning into the ideal look for an evening out. Georgie & Elaine’s expertise lies in their ability to seamlessly integrate twenty-first century glamour into a refined, quietly elegant signature collection full of timeless American charm.
You can find out more about our company at www.georgieandelaine.com
Product Development & Merchandising Interns
We are currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic, part-time product development & merchandising interns to work 15-20 hours per week. We hire on a rolling basis and the internship lasts 3 to 6 months. This internship is UNPAID; school credit is available. The intern will work closely with our Creative Director who will help design, produce and merchandise upcoming collections.
You are the right fit if:
- Your education includes Graphic Design, Fashion Design, or Fashion Merchandising
- You are brilliant at Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign.
- An understanding of WordPress and Mac Computers is a plus.
- You are interested in and have a passion for branding (particularly in a contemporary market)
- You are creative, eager to learn and take initiative on projects
- You have a passion for fashion business, fashion history, and contemporary culture
- You understand the fashion industry, fashion markets, fashion calendars, trade shows and show rooms
- You follow trends and designers closely
- You have a strong command of fashion design & merchandising language and have a working knowledge of textiles and finishings
- Being familiar with the garment district is a plus.
- Cost Sheets
- Tech Packs
- Sourcing fabric, notions, and trimmings & run errands in the garment district & to the production company
- Communicating with the production company regarding fabric shipments, sample making and production deadlines
- Product planning, trend forecasting, mood boards, story-lines and creative research
- Prepare merchandising materials for print and online: lookbooks, linesheets, collection & product descriptions
- Assist with photoshoots and photo editing
In your cover letter, please include:
-Possible start and end dates
-Days/times of the week available
-Your skill level with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
-What you could bring to this internship
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org