PR & Sales Assistant
- New York, NY
As a new contemporary women’s wear brand based in New York City, Georgie & Elaine is known for a commitment to lasting silhouettes and the use of alternative novelty fabrics. Rooted in an All-American lifestyle, The founder, Devin VanderMaas, prides herself on creating effortless yet enduring separates; utopian for a morning meeting while seamlessly transitioning into the ideal look for an evening out. Georgie & Elaine’s expertise lies in their ability to seamlessly integrate twenty-first century glamour into a refined, quietly elegant signature collection full of timeless American charm.
To find out more information, please go to www.georgieandelaine.com
We are looking for a part-time PR & Sales Assistant to work 15 hours per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This position is paid on an hourly basis. Please find the job responsibilities listed below:
Press Outreach & Operations
-research & data base maintenence
-press & marketing materials: press kit, press releases, lookbook & line sheets, creative bio's and about's.
-initial e-mail outreach and phone call follow up’s; able to analyze source and effectively pitch ideas.
-deliver samples upon request, oversee progress, and assure a safe return of garments
-actively look for, be aware of, and keep track of bloggers and press who cover us; add to press clippings books (online and in office).
-event planning: trade shows, trunk shows, and parties.
-focus on researching buyer leads; reach out to them; follow up with them
-assist Designer on buying meetings and manage the paperwork while there.
-When necessary, follow up with the buyer via e-mail and phone call with the P/O.
Social Media & PR
-carry out the PR & Market strategy
-based on current campaigns, create content calendars for each week and oversee intern’s execution
-e-mail newsletter content ideas and oversee intern’s execution
-maintain daily social media updates on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram
Daily Operational & Administrative tasks
-minor errand running
You are the right fit if:
- You have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, or Fashion Business and 2 years experience in a relevant field.
- You are interested in and are passionate about branding (specifically in the contemporary market)
- You must be brilliant at Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- You must have a working knowledge of WordPress and Mac Computers
- You work well independently, are self motivated, and professional at all times
- You have a passion for fashion business, fashion history, and contemporary culture
- You understand the fashion industry, fashion markets, fashion calendars, as well as trade shows and show rooms processes
- You are excellent on the phone, articulate both verbally and in writing, and are great at following up
- You are persistent, out going, and have high energy
- You are able to work quickly, meet deadlines and adhere to the fast-paced environment of the fashion industry
- Skills in photography & styling are not required but a bonus
- You love all fashion media and are passionate about bloggers, magazines, & stylists
In your cover letter, please include:
-Possible start and end dates
-Days/times of the week available
-Your skill level at photoshop, illustrator, In Design and WordPress
-What you could bring to this job
-Please send resumes, cover letters and inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org