- 650 Hwy 74 S, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharma and healthcare industry. With our specialty glass and plastic products, we contribute to health and well-being. We have worldwide operations and about 10,000 employees manufacture our products in local markets, close to our customers.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for establishing robust part designs based on defined functional requirements for injection molding processes and subsequent assembly processes. This includes documenting the design process through Gerresheimer development phases.
1. 2D and 3D design & development of complex mechanical systems with CAD software ProE Creo.
2. Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop medical devices.
3. Investigate and select suitable materials / plastic resins for the application.
4. Provide tolerance analysis on new and existing product design and devices.
5. Participation in process and design failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA).
6. Provides frequent and appropriate communications with all internal and external customers.
7. Stay current on core competencies and best practices in product design and development.
8. Ensures product development documentation and manufacturing processes meet all Gerresheimer Quality system requirements.
9. Apply statistical methods and FEA to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
10. Identify initiatives to reduce or contain cost, improve material flow, evaluate capacity and manage continuous improvement. Other duties as assigned by manager.
11. Able to work effectively cross culturally in a global acting matrix organization (work with German headquarter & different customers).
Occasional travel to offshore locations may be required up to 25%.
1. BS Engineering, preferably Plastics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in 3D part design in product development, preferably in development of medical applications and/or pharmaceutical primary packaging
3. Experience in mechanical design of injection molded plastic parts
4. Experience in development of complex mechanical systems and methods for mass production.
5. Knowledge of manufacturing process injection molding and high speed assembly methods.
6. Experience with risk management tools (e.g. FMEA), statistical analysis, and strong analytical skills.
7. Ability to deal with ambiguity, drive for results, detail orientation, change implementation skills, excellent written, listening, and oral communication skills.
Proven ability to present information through use of programs like Excel and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.