Expert Operational Safety (m/f/d)
- Skopje 1000, Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharma and healthcare industry. Since its foundation in Germany in 1864, the publicly traded company now operates worldwide with 10,000 employees and generates revenue of €1,4 billion. Gerresheimer’s product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products for the safe and simple administration of medicines, i.e. insulin pens, inhalers, pre-fillable syringes, injection vials, with manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North-and South America.
Gerresheimer is in a process of building new facility in Skopje, North Macedonia as part of the Plastics & Devices Division manufacturing and assembling a variety of precision molded plastic parts for various applications in the medical industry
- Independent participation in the design and development of workplaces, work processes and the work environment taking into account occupational health and safety and accident prevention regulations
- Carrying out safety-related tests of operating systems, technical work equipment, work processes and safety-related systems (e.g. sprinkler and suction systems, fire extinguishers)
- Implement legal requirements (occupational safety, accident prevention, device safety, chemicals law) to work on operational conditions and to ensure compliance, e.g. through workplace / company inspections, inspection and control of the company facilities, working methods / resources / sites and personal protective equipment
- Organize proactive advertising for safety-conscious behaviour of employees through internal information seminars and notices as well as training / further education of safety officers, if necessary prepare and carry out internal audits as part of occupational safety management
- Cooperation with representatives of trade supervision, fire supervision and the professional association (e.g. within the framework of company / construction site inspections)
- Engage in Hazard Operations Investigation and Study as and when required
- Participate in the definition of alarm and rescue facilities as well as in the development of fire protection organization and concepts
- Participate in discussions with the authorities, occupational safety events, exchange of experience and, if necessary, in specialist committees (associations, authorities, ministries)
- Creation of activity reports (monthly / annual report), administration of specialist literature / documentation in the area of safety technology
- Implement Incident monitoring, recording and deploy prevention tools such as behaviour safety
- Control all procedures related to EHS matters for the site
- Develop and drive data collection on waste management and sustainability
- Ensure all aspects of safety at work are in compliance with local requirements including but not limited to equipment risk assessments, job assessments. climatic monitoring etc
- Co-ordinate waste disposal requirements which are environmentally acceptable
- Jointly with HR ensure all occupational medical checks are performed on time.
- Knowledge as acquired during at least a 3-year technical training and expanded by relevant advanced training (e.g. specialist or comparable). The function requires at least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable field.
- Completed further training in the field of occupational safety (e.g. specialist for occupational safety)
- At least 5 years of professional experience, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Expert knowledge in the areas of occupational safety (workplace design, analysis, occupational safety, accident prevention, etc.)
- Experience in the use of an occupational safety management system according to DIN EN ISO 45001 (at least 2 years), ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 would be useful as well
- Experience in organizing and performing audits.
- Safe use of common IT systems
- Good written and spoken English language
- Knowledge in dealing with operational safety management software
- Willingness to international business travel within the first month of the employment as on boarding will be mainly in our facilities in Germany and the Czech Republic for at least a month.
- Employment will be with our company in the Republic of North Macedonia.