Industrial Electrician/Electronics Technician
- 5091 Co Rd 120, Millersburg, OH 44654, USA
Centor originally started manufacturing operations in Berlin in 1968 as Owens-Illinois (OI) as part of the OI Closure Division. In August of 2007, Rexam PLC Prescription Products. In May of 2014, Rexam sold the plastics business and the Prescription Products division was acquired by Nemera, naming the business as Centor Inc. Centor Inc. was then acquired by Gerresheimer Glass Inc. (GGI) in September 2015. Gerresheimer is a leading global partner for the pharma and healthcare industries. Our special glass and plastic products contribute to health and well-being. We have worldwide operations and our 11,000 employees manufacture our products in the local markets, close to our customers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager and Electrical Expeditor, the Electrician is responsible for troubleshooting and repair of Plant injection and stretch blow molding machines, auxiliary production equipment (UV printers, hot leaf printers, assembly machines, bagger machines, carton erectors, stretch wrapping units, material handling conveying equipment), and Plant systems (chilled water systems, dehumidification systems, vacuum material delivery system, etc.). Perform machinery and systems repairs using electrical blueprints.
- Must pass Maintenance Selection Index.
- Possesses well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years industrial electrical experience OR two (2) years education (certificate) in Industrial Electricity.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Experience with electromechanical relay systems, solid state relay systems, programmable controllers, electrical ladder logic drawings, transformers, capacitors, limit switches, proximity switches, and photoelectric sensors.
- Ability to read prints, understand and troubleshoot Plant production equipment.
- Maintains positive team environment.
- Ability to read, write and follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Possesses good math skills.
- Understand function of various plant systems.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Performs all tasks necessary to operate equipment according to procedure.
- Actively communicates with coworkers – key items within the plant environment on safety, quality, maintenance, production and continuous improvement.
- Follows work instructions as needed and may be asked to write, revise and train others to those instructions.
- Must be able to work from design sketches, drawings and verbal instructions.
- Provide input for modifications/new designs for continuous improvement.
- Performs root cause analysis when problems arise to determine if actions can be taken immediately or appropriate personnel need to be called.
- Maintains 5S environment in work area.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds independently, or up to 80 pounds in team-lift scenario.
- Adheres to plant and corporate safety policies.
- May assist in other areas or perform other duties as required by fluctuating business needs.