- 5091 Co Rd 120, Millersburg, OH 44654, USA
Centor originally started manufacturing operations in Berlin in 1968 as Owens-Illinois (OI) as part of the OI Closure Division. In August of 2007, Rexam PLC Prescription Products. In May of 2014, Rexam sold the plastics business and the Prescription Products division was acquired by Nemera, naming the business as Centor Inc. Centor Inc. was then acquired by Gerresheimer Glass Inc. (GGI) in September 2015. Gerresheimer is a leading global partner for the pharma and healthcare industries. Our special glass and plastic products contribute to health and well-being. We have worldwide operations and our 11,000 employees manufacture our products in the local markets, close to our customers.
Currently seeking an Engineering Specialist to plan, direct and coordinate the technical support in an industrial manufacturing facility, including the design, construction, modification, performance and maintenance of equipment and machinery. The immediate need is the coordination, transfer and assembly of equipment from vendors and sister plants within the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Science degree plus 3 years of manufacturing engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, or maintenance operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor of Science degree plus 5 years of manufacturing engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, or maintenance operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 9 years of manufacturing engineering, product development, full-cycle project management or maintenance operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience managing projects and ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience with plastics injection molding equipment and supporting plant infrastructure preferable.
- Experience with industrial compressed air, machine hydraulics, and electrical systems Skilled in technical writing.
- Ability to configure and test plant systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations core processes and plant floor equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience in systems configuration and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of SAP.
- Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production equipment and processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administrative and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, in the coordination of people and resources.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Proficient in CAD and Microsoft Office applications. SAP experience beneficial.
- Must demonstrate capability to handle complex concurrent projects with multiple facets and shifting priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure maintainability of new installations.
- Analyzes complex process and business requirements to determine operational feasibility.
- Oversees the completion of projects including planning; assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results.
- Ensures achievement of project goals, project objectives, and project timelines.
- Provides technical leadership and business expertise to subordinates and peers on complex projects; takes action in evaluating project issues and recommending appropriate business solutions.
- Functions as a liaison with customers, other departments, divisions, and organizations to insure functional specifications are met.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- Implement manufacturing automation systems for all capital projects utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Implement standards at the site that ensure global consistency of manufacturing automation and integration systems.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with Senior Plant Director, Product Manager, and Plant Controller.
- Comfortable with manufacturing decisions related to quality, efficiency and cost control
- Is engaged in the business and is a trainer of operations, manufacturing and the employees of PPP to ensure safe operation of all equipment and training associates as necessary.
- Bring new systems through to project completion
- Develop maintenance plans and activities
- Direct, review, and approve design, and changes to the systems and procedures within the facility.
- Order / inspect parts and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Determine best problem solving solutions.
- Applies technical skills and ingenuity to the correction of equipment problems.