Process Mechanical Engineer
- 91 W Forest Grove Rd, Vineland, NJ 08360, USA
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. With its specialty glass and plastic products, the company contributes to health and well-being with production operations in 40 locations around the world. Gerresheimer’s product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products for the safe, simple administration of medicines, such as insulin pens, in- halers, pre-fillable syringes, injection vials, ampoules, bottles and containers for liquid and solid medicines with closure and safety systems as well as packaging for the cosmetics industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Consideration for this position will be made without regard to age, gender, religion, national origin, veteran’s status, disability or other protected class.
Reports to the Senior Director of Engineering and is responsible for performing routine engineering work consistent with a Mechanical Engineer background. This position will need to be able to designs and develop Equipment & systems to be incorporated into the Gerresheimer converting factories. These systems can be a combination of Gerresheimer and vendor developments and designs. This position will also need to be able to identify equipment/processes to be improved and performing engineering work related to the equipment/process optimization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including other duties as may be assigned)
· Designs / Specifies manufacturing hardware for use by the Company
· Establishes critical process parameters and/or design criteria for such equipment prior to project implementation.
· Structures project activity to meet Performance, Spending and Schedule Goals.
· Manages resources across Functional Groups to achieve stated project goals
· Maintains project technical, performance and spending records that can be used by others to maintain and improve equipment over its’ useful life.
· Develop working knowledge of manufacturing processes to enable ability to find ways to optimize processes
- Supports GMS initiative through team participation
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations
- Minimum of Mechanical Engineering Degree
- >5 years experience, glass manufacturing or related manufacturing industry is a plus
- Experience in problem solving, project implementation, and continuous improvement objectives is a plus
- Proficient with SolidWorks and MS Office Products including a focus on Excel
· Values – Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Innovation & Teamwork
· Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
· Able to handle pressure of time constraints in meeting departmental goals.
· Detail oriented, Strong organizational skills
· Dependable, punctual and attentive
· Good organizational skills
· Competent and conscientious
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal administration related physical demands.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.