Accounting Associate - Payables
- 1899 N Wilkinson Way, Perrysburg, OH 43551, USA
Centor originally started manufacturing operations in Berlin in 1968 as Owens-Illinois (OI) as part of the OI Closure Division. In August of 2007, Rexam PLC Prescription Products. In May of 2014, Rexam sold the plastics business and the Prescription Products division was acquired by Nemera, naming the business as Centor Inc. Centor Inc. was then acquired by Gerresheimer Glass Inc. (GGI) in September 2015. Gerresheimer is a leading global partner for the pharma and healthcare industries. Our special glass and plastic products contribute to health and well-being. We have worldwide operations and our 11,000 employees manufacture our products in the local markets, close to our customers.
POSITION SUMMARY: Works under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Accounting Associate primary function is to assist with the Accounting/Finance Department with daily, weekly, and monthly recurring activities, with an emphasis on accounts payable and invoice processing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates in Business/Finance/Accounting or higher preferred
- Two year’s prior experience working in a business environment required. Accounting/Finance experience preferred.
- Receive invoices and process vendor payments.
- Research and timely resolution of Vendor invoice discrepancies.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies; make adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Timely preparation of consolidated accounts payables aging on a weekly basis.
- Regular communication with vendor to ensure timely payment of all invoices.
- Assist with periodic bad debt reserve analysis.
- General Accounting Support.
- Assist with audit preparation, account reconciliations, and other accounting duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Accounting Associate will work closely with all levels of employees to provide timely and accurate recording of payment for vendor invoices.
- This position will also serve as a liaison within the Company and between the Company and its Vendors to ensure timely payments and resolve past due issues.
- This position will assist in monthly reporting and reconciliation activities related to accounts payable balances.
- This position will also assist the Accounting Specialist with reporting for forecasting and other accounting reporting as determined by the Controller.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Organized and able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Detail and transaction oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish goals with little to no supervision.
- Possesses a positive work attitude and willingness to learn and grow in the position.
- Must be dependable and able to act with discretion maintaining strict levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to challenge status quo and enforce adherence to documented policies and procedures.
- Moderate to advance skills in Excel required.
- General knowledge of Internet navigation and research, email, fax transmissions, phone communication, and copy equipment.
- Technology: Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook; SAP accounting software.
- Other accounting and administrative duties as assigned.