Demand Generation Lead
- Philadelphia, PA
We’re a small but growing team looking to revolutionize the way organizations share and consume knowledge. We’re looking for an experienced marketer, who is ready to roll up their sleeves and own demand generation at Guru (www.getguru.com). After publicly launching in September with a product that our customers truly love, we are now ready to scale our demand gen efforts to drive awareness and more leads at the top of the funnel.
Knowledge management is a critical need for all companies as soon as they start hiring team members. Almost 30% of a knowledge worker’s time is spent just searching for content and information. More importantly, once you do find that knowledge, how do you know if it’s still accurate? With our browser extension, we live where you work and our verification workflow ensures content is always up-to-date. We are even working on eliminating search altogether, by surfacing knowledge contextually to you within the business apps you use everyday.
We already have a solid customer base, and now it’s time for marketing to help us ramp our growth to the next level. While we have tested several different ad channels, we need someone who can come in and scale out our efforts, efficiently and effectively.
As our Demand Generation Lead, you’ll own everything to do with driving qualified leads into our sales pipeline: strategy, planning, and making it happen. You'll be expected to deploy a diverse mix of marketing channels and tactics. You'll own specific lead gen goals; you'll devise how we report out to the rest of the organization on our progress; and you'll explore and recommend new channels to drive acquisition marketing results. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of the ground floor of building a great company (and marketing team culture) and will play a critical role in driving our success.
- Plan, budget and manage all digital marketing programs including Social media advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc), Google Adwords, display advertising, retargeting, and other Cost-Per-Lead sources.
- Create and execute effective digital campaigns; includes everything involved in creating an innovative and successful online marketing approach: landing pages, social media posts, ad copy, and banner ads to ensure healthy click and conversion metrics.
- Build out a comprehensive lead nurture program from end-to-end including copy, creation, sending, list segmentation and measurement of results.
- SEO strategy and implementation including keyword management, inbound link building and hands-on optimization for improving site structure, page construction, content, keyword lists, and SEO copywriting.
- Execute customer acquisition campaigns, measure and analyzing performance, and identify new opportunities based on customer and business feedback.
- Track performance and allocate budget across channels to maximize our marketing spend.
- You have executed, managed, and optimized digital marketing and retargeting campaigns across multiple ad platforms, with a budget in place.
- Have experience optimizing landing pages and customer acquisition funnels
- Email marketing and email list management including segmentation and web analytics.
- You know your way around analytics tools like Google analytics and Mixpanel, and have a desire to uncover ROI from a deeper perspective than just clicks.
- Be highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Strong and up-to-date understanding of trends in Search Engine Optimization. Ability to tell the difference between proven SEO techniques and common misconceptions that don’t actually move the needle.
- Deep understanding of the nuances of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, A/B testing, html/text, deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam legislation.
- 3+ years prior experience in B2B SaaS with a strong focus on user acquisition, paid advertising, Email Marketing, and SEO
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or other field with relevant work experience.
- Are up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Benefits to you….
Whatever setup you need to be successful
Meaningful equity (in-line with your experience)
Delicious, home-brewed beer on tap (including, but not limited to our famous API-IPA, devHops, and null porter exception brews)
Flexible vacation policy
Contribute to an energetic, fully engaged culture
- Be a part of a winning team, failure is not an option
This is a full-time position located in our Old City, Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.