- Arlington, VA
At Giant Oak, we seek to make the world a better place by developing analytics for risk mitigation in large data environments. We take an interdisciplinary view of the social sciences, using theories and methodologies from economics, computer science, and other fields to develop innovative tools and create knowledge at the frontiers of current understanding. We specialize in going beyond mainstream approaches, creating a front line of custom solutions for unique data challenges. We work with our clients to create products which analyze large datasets in order to advance security goals on issues such as financial threats, insurgency, crime and terrorism.
Giant Oak seeks full time data scientist with a passion for exploring innovative approaches to national security challenges. Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency with quantitative methods. Ideal candidates will possess the below competencies.
- Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics)
Competency 2 - Capability in one or more of the following areas
- Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g., Java, C++, Python)
- Experience with large-scale data manipulation, analytic tools, and data visualization
- Developing and applying social network or other graph theoretic analyses as models of social phenomena including centrality measures and graph partitioning / community detection.
- Developing and utilizing machine learning techniques for big data analytics
- Understanding of a variety of statistical methods such as regression, support vector machines, random forests, classification trees, k-means or spectral clustering,
- Working with distributed and or graph databases (Cassandra, HBase, Titan, etc.)
Ideal applicant will be a U.S. citizen with an active security clearance with the ability to gain and hold a SCI security clearance.
Giant Oak, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer