A Senior Network & Security Engineer for SaaS Operations team
Reporting to the Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Director, the SaaS Network & Security Engineer is responsible for all the network & security engineering and related operational aspects of the global SaaS platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering a safe, secure, and scalable data and voice network infrastructure and will drive the operational efficiencies and availability of the platform.
The candidate will need to be highly proficient with a solid and proven experience in network design and configuration, security management and administration, troubleshooting, monitoring and traffic management. The position also requires from the candidate a strong background in setting up and leveraging SIP Trunking solutions to manage a very large volume of voice network traffic. This position will have direct responsibility of the design and the implementation of the network and security infrastructure layers and will also be in charge of the ongoing management and maintenance of these components. Responsibilities will also include ensuring that network and security operations are delivered safely and accounted for responsibly through an efficient monitoring system, as well as for coordinating planned maintenance, orchestrating changes to the network and security infrastructure as well as handling network connectivity problems resolution and escalations.
This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a unique individual who possesses a solid network and security technology foundation coupled with a solid operational capability, as well as with solid documentation and planning skills.
• Designs, implements and administers the global cloud networking infrastructure, including the integration with the telephony components.
• Responsible for ensuring that the SaaS platform has the necessary bandwidth to handle data and voice traffic and is supported by a highly reliable, highly performing, and scalable network that is built on a cost-conscious platform
• Deploys and manages all the network and security devices and systems to meet the requirements of the SaaS platform SLA.
• Responsible for integrating the networking and the security events and alarms within the service monitoring solution.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation and configuration management change records.
• Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the SaaS platform.
• Responsible for meeting and managing network SLA objectives, including maintaining a record of service impacting events.
• Provide On-Call support & operations support for networking and security issues and escalations
• Evaluate and recommend vendor solutions for appropriate hardware and software products.
• Plan and perform hardware and software upgrades of the network and security infrastructure.
• Track and report on the key network and security metrics and trends
• Responsible of vendor engaging for support.
• Work with the team to establish the change management and the change control process, and execute changes in compliance with the agreed upon rules.
• Contribute to the development of the Disaster Recovery plans.
• Coordinates all activities related to managing and maintaining the network and security infrastructure, including preventive maintenance and upgrades in production and test environments.
• Work closely with the Security and Compliance manager, to ensure that all in-scope controls have been built and are documented.
• Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with latest technology.