SR Rich Media Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We want to challenge the status quo and become the best company developing solutions that combine the best of engineering, innovation and design. Our goal is to be the leader in the creation of innovative software products that appeal to global audiences.
We are a new-breed of technology service providers focused on delivering innovative software solutions by leveraging emerging technologies and trends. We combine the engineering and technical rigor of IT service providers with the creative and cultural approach of digital agencies. Globant is the place where engineering, design and innovation meet scale.
You will contribute to the design, development and testing of one or more of the line of products:
A custom web player that delivers variable video on demand;
A fully automated RIA web video publishing platform.
A rich media management and distribution API.
As a member of the development team you will be expected to:
- Learn and quickly become proficient in Actionscript 3.0 and the Flex 3.5+ RIA framework.
- Write well written unit tests in Actionscript 3.0 / Flex 3.5+
- Work closely with QA to fix bugs and facilitate regression testing
- Participate in monthly Agile release cycles
- Refactor code in Flex, Actionscript and Java
- Design and develop enhancements to the Vision Player to leverage new technology and client demands.
- Maintain the Vision Player to increase performance and cross-browser/cross-platform reliability.
- Design and develop enhancements to the Vision Composer for the next-generation web video publishing capabilities.
- Develop Web Service APIs in Actionscript and Java.
- Have general familiarity with Hibernate
- Strong Java (or relevant strongly-typed cross-platform object-oriented language) skill and experience is required; however, we are NOT looking for a pure Java developer. The engineer must have a solid background in various web-based software languages. 4+ consecutive years is ideal.
- MUST have worked in web-related business where the candidate has exposure to web-based software. 2+ consecutive years is ideal.
- Strong communication skill is a MUST.
- Must be comfortable working with a close knit team, must be a self starter as the candidate will be expected to rather autonomously take high level requirements through to completed functionality
- *Strongly desired* Knowledge of Actionscript. Experience with Flex will go a LONG way.
- *Strongly desired* Demonstrate experience in formal software design and development. NOTE: this means APPLIED knowledge where the candidate can demonstrate the use of software engineering principles in a specific project.
- *Strongly desired* Real-time and/or multi-threaded application development and testing.
- *Strongly desired* Streaming video and various web video encoding knowledge and experience.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or higher is strongly recommended.