SR Java Developer
- San Francisco, CA
We want to challenge the status quo and become the best company developing solutions that combine the best of engineering, innovation and design. Our goal is to be the leader in the creation of innovative software products that appeal to global audiences.
We are a new-breed of technology service providers focused on delivering innovative software solutions by leveraging emerging technologies and trends. We combine the engineering and technical rigor of IT service providers with the creative and cultural approach of digital agencies. Globant is the place where engineering, design and innovation meet scale.
You will contribute to the design, development and unit testing of one or more of the products: a software-as-a-service publishing platform that enables the creation of interactive advice experiences; a software-as-a-service publishing platform that enables the creation of automated direct marketing engines; and a fully automated web video publishing platform that delivers variable video on demand.
Our ideal candidate will have a computer science degree and at least 3 years experience in Java SaaS or cloud-based Java development. The candidate must be adept at working in a deadline-intense environment with minimal supervision, an able to rapidly produce quality code.
- Develop automated workflows that execute at a very large scale
- Develop Web Services APIs for application developers
- Refactor code applying new technologies and making performance optimizations
- Quickly learn and adapt to a new environment and follow industry standards
- Learn rapidly and function well in a fast-paced startup environment
- Drive towards successful deliveries of scalable, maintainable and secure code
- Formal training in computer science, CS degree preferred
- 2.5+ years Java web development skills and an understanding of object-oriented analysis / design / programming (college experience OK)
- You are a prolific coder who can take a project and run with it
- You don’t just learn how things work, you understand why
- Experience with or strong desire to learn agile development methodologies
- Java 5+
- Web Services
- J2EE technology concepts
- Unix shell programming, development tools and environments
- Performance tuning and profiling
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Contact Alexander.email@example.com directly for SSR front end developer opening.