Business Development Rep
- New York, NY
Ecommerce is all around us, growing at double digits year-over-year even in today's economy and GoECart is at the forefront of this revolution. GoECart is a leading ecommerce platform provider with hundreds of clients across the U.S. & Canada.
Born by our CEO in his dorm room, we are an organically grown company headquartered in Bridgeport, Connecticut strategically located within walking distance of all major means of transportation. We provide our team a challenging and highly energetic work environment inclusive of a stocked fridge with sodas and snacks and "Free lunch Fridays".
We are seeking tech savvy go getters to help us prospect for new business and pitch our award winning ecommerce software platform to online merchants. Your first mission will be to align yourself with our product and gain in-depth knowledge on our value proposition vs. our competitors. Your knowledge of the internet economy, marketing and technology will allow you to identify, attract, and solicit small to medium sized businesses to our superior product.
Responsibilities of Business Development Rep Include:
- Initiating telephone and email contact with potential prospects from inbound leads.
- Generate new leads through B2B cold calling.
- Qualifying leads with the primary goal of determining if the prospect has a compelling reason to purchase GoECart's solutions.
- Work with Sales reps in your respective territories to insure the smooth transition of information and feedback from generated leads.
- Use all available means to perform effective research in the initial development and ongoing maintenance of potential customers.
- Consistently meet inbound lead turn around and follow up requirements.
- Consistently meet qualified lead totals on a monthly basis.
- Effectively qualify opportunities using B.A.N.T. criteria, by identifying Budget, Authority, Need and Timeframe for implementation.
- Build in the customer awareness of products and services during the call.
- Enthusiasm for ecommerce. Hires must value the benefits brought by the ecommerce solutions and services offered.
- Talented Software Usage. Staff must provide rapid and accurate data entry into the CRM system. We use Salesforce.com. Prior CRM experience a plus.
Must have great phone skills, speak well and hungry to learn. Some sales experience is required. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor of an up and coming tech company. We'll provide excellent training and the chance to make an immediate impact on our business.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Fast paced environment with competing priorities.
Ability to learn and be exposed to all facets of the e-commerce industry and related software
Work involves engagement with customers primarily in the U.S., with travel of 5 to 10% may be required.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.