Financial Business Intelligence Analyst
- Chicago, IL
GoHealth is a leading developer of Web-based sales and online insurance marketing tools for the health insurance industry, helping insurance brokers, agents and carriers connect with customers and transact business more efficiently.
We are revolutionizing the health insurance industry through technology. Are you interested in driving an industry that is expected to top the trillions by 2014?
GoHealth was named one of the Top 10 Fastest Growing Software Companies in America by Inc 500, our President and CEO were 2013 Midwest region winners of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, and the CEO and President were both just recognized in the prestigious Crain’s 40 Under 40 list.
We are on a quest to make the world of individual health insurance more understandable, easy and accessible for our customers, so here at GoHealth we take big data seriously. Our transaction volume has skyrocketed in connection with business growth and health reform effects. Because all of this data is so important, we are seeking a high-energy, insightful data analyst to help us make better sales and marketing decisions to ensure that customers who need health insurance get covered. Up for the challenge? Read on.
You will be responsible for gathering, manipulating and reporting sales and enrollment statistics, as well as other data which will help you develop fulfillment recommendations based on what you find. You will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of data gathering processes using disparate sources, analysis, trend identification and report development. You will also need to get access to the huge amounts of data we and our customers generate, so you will have to develop and enhance our databases and data collection systems, as well as up-the-ante on our reporting tools, so you can help the team make better decisions on opportunities and risks that are essential to enrolling new customers.
- Develop, enhance and manage various data models to support daily and strategic enrollment decisions
- Extract and transform raw data from various databases into meaningful and useful information to enable more effective strategic, tactical, and operational insights
- Interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Troubleshoot problems with daily data-feeds within programs and reports
- Create accurate reports/queries by established deadlines and on an ad-hoc basis
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned to support the Finance team.
- Bachelors’ degree required in Finance, Math or Statistics.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or sales analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access required
- SQL experience required
- SPSS, SAS or other statistical software experience preferred
- Experience in data mining techniques preferred
- Displays strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot programs and reports
- Displays effective communication skills to all levels of management in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to think and work independently
- Strong Excel, Access and SQL skills
- Must be able to play well with others. More specifically with the Sales Center, Private Exchange and Software teams.
- You can’t be shy about bringing new ideas and techniques to the table.
- Be curious. And be on a life-long quest to learn.
GoHealth offers a full benefits package, an open vacation policy, a very casual dress code and a fun, interactive working environment.