- Chicago, IL
GoHealth is a leading developer of Web-based sales and online insurance marketing tools for the health insurance industry, helping insurance brokers, agents and carriers connect with customers and transact business more efficiently. We are revolutionizing the health insurance industry through technology.
GoHealth made the Crain's Fast Fifty list in 2014, and we were named one of North America’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies on Deloitte’s 2014 Technology Fast 500.
This is your chance to be at the right place at the right time, and work on a product with real-life relevance for all Americans.
We are a tight-knit team of full-stack web developers with a bunch of new initiatives in the pipeline. Any given day might see us …
- crafting user-centered interfaces with Angular
- split testing responsive stylesheets built on Susy
- dipping a wary toe into a number of intriguingly arcane code bases
This industry moves fast. Rarely does your quarterly plan survive unscathed. You'll always have a new project to get excited about or a sudden problem in need of a creative solution. You'll balance long-term strategic thinking with get-it-done pragmatism. You'll be vocal with your ideas, and open to others'.
You'll defend your chosen text editor with your very life.
- Rapidly prototype new features and applications, with a focus on the client side
- Build internal libraries stuffed with well-factored, reusable code
- Work with graphic designers and copywriters for content
- Expertise in front-end web development, including one or more client-side MVC frameworks (Angular preferred)
- Expertise in back-end web development, including one or more server-side MVC frameworks
- Experience in cross-platform compatibility and responsive design (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, mobile browsers)
- Enthusiasm for test- and behavior-driven development
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a small to mid-size company with an agile development process
- Willingness to learn and be part of a fast-growing department
GoHealth offers a full benefits package, an open vacation policy, a very casual dress code and a fun, interactive working environment.