Human Resources Generalist
- Chicago, IL
GoHealth is a leading developer of Web-based sales and online insurance marketing tools for the health insurance industry, helping insurance brokers, agents and carriers connect with customers and transact business more efficiently.
We are revolutionizing the health insurance industry through technology. Are you interested in driving an industry that is expected to top the trillions by 2014?
GoHealth was named one of the Top 10 Fastest Growing Software Companies in America by Inc 500, our President and CEO were 2013 Midwest region winners of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, and the CEO and President were both just recognized in the prestigious Crain’s 40 Under 40 list.
This position will support the HR Business Partner in executing across a broad range of HR activities and initiatives to develop a team-oriented, high performance culture at our Sales Center. The HR Generalist must have a professional, positive attitude with the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of individuals. They must also be flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced business environment while demonstrating initiative and accountability to drive work to completion.
- Must have significant experience successfully working through Employee Relations issues, including: preparing responses to EEOC claims, claims of harassment and hostile work environment, special accommodation requests, work place conduct and performance management
- Experience presenting training and development modules to all levels within the organization: new hire orientation, annual benefit enrollment, mandated annual training, management development
- Strategically manage HR initiatives and demonstrate ownership of assigned work
- Proven ability to effectively juggle multiple initiatives and work in an environment with shifting priorities
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail and a desire for accuracy to benefit the Employee and the Company
- Support the HR Business partner in the administration of new hire paperwork and all employee compensation, benefit, and incentive compensation programs
- Enforce Human Resources policies and procedures; Administer all Company Leave of Absence Programs, particularly FMLA administration and tracking
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources is desired, or comparable combination of education and experience; HR certification (PHR/SPHR) a plus
- 5-7+ years previous human resources experience, with demonstrated competencies in organizational development, legal compliance, and proactive problem solving
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail while managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines and taking accountability for results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas with excellent listening skills
- Knowledge of employment laws; Ability to develop and administer policies to maintain compliance with applicable laws
- Ability to interact with people in a manner that displays tact, professionalism and sensitivity
- Proven ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Software skills desired – MS Office suite, Outlook, ADP
GoHealth offers a full benefits package, a very casual dress code and a fun, interactive working environment.