- San Francisco, CA
GoPago, Inc., is re-imagining the way consumers and brick and mortar businesses use smartphones for mobile commerce – enabling consumers to easily browse, order and pay for everything from food and drinks to haircuts and dry cleaning, while giving merchants a one-stop mobile storefront that lets them run their business and build customer loyalty. The San Francisco based company was founded in 2009, and currently works with merchants in Mountain View, Calif., the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas and San Francisco.
GoPago is the first of its kind, offering a true "lifestyle commerce" experience that simplifies everyday transactions for all users.
The Legal Department is looking for a Compliance Officer to spearhead our BSA related initiatives. The BSA Compliance Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program. This position performs various quality control reviews and monitoring in the area of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance sampling methods to ensure the company’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis.
Specifically, the role includes but is not limited to:
Maintaining a risk based Compliance Program to ensure all laws and regulations that apply to Pago are appropriately followed. This would include:
- Preparing and maintaining a legal inventory and risk assessment
- Preparing and maintaining policies and procedures to address the requirements of applicable laws and regulations
- Creating and presenting training programs relating to compliance topics
- Creating and administering a testing program to ensure requirements are being followed
- Working with external and internal business partners to successfully implement the compliance program
A little about you…
You’re looking to get a foothold in a fast growing mobile payments startup. Comfortable helping assist a startup MSB in developing and maintaining an effective BSA compliance program and being the contact person for state and federal BSA regulators.
- Minimum three years experience with AML BSA compliance.
- MSB Compliance background
- Legal background
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Strong communications skills; professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to maintain focus in fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to work with senior management to drive the compliance program
- Experience in creating / maintaining compliance programs with an emphasis on AML
- Ability to decipher laws and regulation and create policies and procedures to be followed by the organization
- Ability to create training documents and provide value-added employee training
- Ability to risk assess the business, provide feedback on controls and assist to implement key controls as needed.
Email cover letter and resume to:
Chris Lavery, Director of Finance and Inside Counsel
firstname.lastname@example.org | GoPago, Inc.