Senior Java Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
GoPago, Inc., is re-imagining the way consumers and brick-and-mortar businesses use smartphones and tablets for commerce -- giving merchants a total payment solution, including credit card, cash and mobile payments that creates operational efficiency while building customer loyalty and engagement. The San Francisco-based company was founded in 2009 and expanded nationwide with the launch of GoPago LIVE, an integrated and revolutionary POS in August 2012.
Our Engineering team is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to perform a 6-8 week contract. This engineer will architect a scalable Java platform to support e-commerce transactions. This role is helping to drive the handling of merchant business intelligence.
The main duties of the Java Engineer will be:
- Architecting a Java-based server to handle e-commerce transactions and communicate with a Ruby on Rails platform.
- Leading and mentoring junior Java team members the in’s and out’s of the system you create.
- Expert knowledge of server side Java development
- Expert knowledge of the Spring framework
- Seasoned experience with Tomcat/Jetty Web Servers
- Experienced with Linux, Ubuntu a plus
- Familiarity with MySQL5
- Prior development with Ruby a plus
- Familiarity with AWS a plus
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum five years experience within Java
Email resume to:
Mitchell Forrer, Recruiting Manager
Mitchell@gopago.com | GoPago, Inc.
You may also apply via the 'I'm Interested' button below.