Senior Android Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
GoPago, Inc., is re-imagining the way consumers and brick-and-mortar businesses use smartphones and tablets for commerce -- giving merchants a total payment solution, including credit card, cash and mobile payments that creates operational efficiency while building customer loyalty and engagement. The San Francisco-based company was founded in 2009 and expanded nationwide with the launch of GoPago LIVE, an integrated and revolutionary POS in August 2012.
Design, architect and develop Android mobile applications using the Android SDK/NDK and other development tools. Manage development of an efficient and elegant GoPago Android mobile application that consumers will enjoy using on mobile devices. Create and develop an innovative merchant point-of-sale (POS) system using the Android system framework. Provide application performance analysis, tuning, benchmarking, and unit testing for Android mobile software development. Build, maintain and provide database integration with analytical tools for Product and Sales departments. Manage dataflow in both GoPago consumer-merchant and merchant-server interaction. Review specifications, code, workflow, and deadlines with team members. Participate in building reliable server side products to support financial transactions. Work on code coverage to improve overall code quality and reduce regression risks and QA overhead.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field followed by 5 years of experience as an Android mobile developer or a related occupation. The experience must include:
- OOP concepts, design patterns and efficient algorithms
- Java SE and Java ME experience
- Programming for Android using Java, Android SDK/NDK, and Android open source code
- Server side: Servlets, XML, JSON, HTML4/5, Jetty, and Apache Tomcat
- Encryption standards as AES and TripleDES
- Creating build scripts using Maven and Ant
- Version control tools: Git, Mercurial/Hg, and SVN
- Mobile device management (MDM) and related experience
- Implementation and design of both tablet and smartphone interfaces
Email resume to:
Mitchell Forrer, Recruiting Manager
Mitchell@gopago.com | GoPago, Inc.
You may also use the 'I'm Interested' button below.