BI (Business Intelligence) Consultant
- Chicago, IL
GoodData is on a mission to help global companies monetize big data. We deliver the leading cloud-based analytics platform and business mashups,enabling companies of any size to convert data into business advantage. We attract the best and brightest in our industry who are dedicated to the possibilities of technology innovation. Headquartered in San Francisco, GoodData is privately held and backed by leading venture capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, Fidelity Growth Partners, Next World Capital, Tenaya Capital and Windcrest Partners.
You will join the Account Management team that works with our customers to ensure their success. We are motivated by long-term customer relationship and helping customers maximize the business value receivedfrom GoodData solutions. Our pro-active and strategic approach to account management enables win-win long-term customer relationships. The Account Manager owns the primary responsibility for customer relationship management and success..
Our implementation consulting team is multi-skilled, passionate, consultative problem solvers dedicated to making our customers amazingly successful while building a world-class company together!
We are growing and are looking for Consultants who will lead, develop and execute an implementation plan that will make our customers amazingly successful with GoodData’s platform solutions.
As a key member of our Consulting team, you will be an expert and advocate that help guide our customers through their implementation. Working directly with customers to understand requirements, you will help customers develop powerful dashboards and data visualizations, and provide best practice advice and training on GoodData.
The right candidate for this position are customer oriented with strong communication and analytical skills, project management expertise, passion for data visualization, reporting and functional BI knowledge. You must be able to articulate value, inspire and sell the future and potential of GoodData and be comfortable consulting our customers.
This role is perfect for someone who has 5+ years of work experience, has a quantitatively-oriented degree (of any variety) from a top-tier school, and who thrives in extremely analytical, technically-oriented, consultative role.
- Serves as project lead and primary interface for customer during GoodData
- Owns all of the functional aspects of customer projects including project management, requirements design and wireframes, data visualization and report creation, and mentoring customers on using GoodData
- Coordinates and works closely with the other members of the GoodData consulting team
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer executive sponsors such that all GoodData activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case and business strategy, allowing the full potential of their GoodData solution to be realized
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of the GoodData
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the GoodData products and services
- Assist the continued development of the GoodData’s Consulting team by mentoring other consultants, contributing to our knowledge base and training content, and improving the GoodData development methodologies
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous engagements with minimal
- Ability to set and manage customer expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
- Exceptional project management skills, PMP certification a plus but does not replace relevant work experience
- Expertise in large cloud / SaaS platforms (e.g. Salesforce.com, Marketo, Netsuite, Workday, Google, etc), advertising platforms, and/or social platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc) preferred
- Experience working with business intelligence and visualization tools is preferred
- 5+ years relevant work
- Strong consulting skills and experience
- Enthusiastic and data visualization and information design
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitatively-oriented degree (of any variety) from a top-tier school
Are you this person? Do you have the DNA to work in a fast moving, dynamic and exciting, well-funded hot start-up? If so, we want to hear from you.
GoodData is headquartered in San Francisco and located in the cloud at http://www.gooddata.com.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes.
Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift.
Do not send resumes to any of the executives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY