Senior Product Manager - Platform/Developer Community
- San Francisco, CA
GoodData is the only cloud-based, end-to-end, business intelligence platform that lets you unlock the power of your sales, marketing, social, customer service and other key data, get fast answers to business-critical questions, and easily visualize and share the data you need to build a culture of innovation. GoodData helps enterprise organizations respond quickly to internal demand for data intelligence, and allows cloud service providers, media agencies and systems integrators to rapidly meet external demand for innovative, new analytic products.
San Francisco location:
GoodData is headquartered in San Francisco on Sutter Street near Union Square, conveniently located near Powell and Montgomery Bart exits, and in the cloud at http://www.gooddata.com.
Our disruptive GoodData platform team is looking for an innovative product manager to help us build a thriving developer community around our unique business intelligence platform. Your core focus will be to define and drive the strategy for building the developer community. You will also work regularly with customers and developers to define and prioritize product requirements and articulate them to the technical team. You will be in charge of demonstrating the value of our platform, showcasing compeling examples of analytics applications and integrations with other products and technologies. You will identify and recruit key technology vendors as members of the developer community and act as a visible developer evangelist.
This is an amazing opportunity to be on the forefront of data analytics and to fundamentaly change how analytics is built and consumed in the traditional enterprise as well as in the modern SaaS space. Director level will be considered for the right candidate.
- Build a large IT/developer community around the GoodData platform and its tools and REST APIs
- Influence platform product strategy and its positioning in the markeplace
- Help developers and customers envision and build analytics applications using our platform
- Attend relevant conferences, events, and developer meet-ups to talk to customers and increase awareness of the platform and its APIs.
- Work with our marketing team to actively market the developer community via social media, online advertising, email, and content marketing.
- Collaborate on enabling our sales team to effectively communicate and sell to the IT/Developer audiances
- Identify platform and API improvements in support of developer community growth
- Work closely with our technical product managers on the feature prioritization and roadmap definition
- Serve as the developer community advocate and ensure that the community has the documentation and technology that they need to thrive.
A minimum of 5 years of experience as a product manager or developer community manager of an open SaaS platform
Technically savvy to drive discussions with developers and the GoodData product and engineering teams and to build relevant examples of solutions leveraging the GoodData platform
Well-rounded and articulate to be able to discuss the business benefit a company will realize by integrating and building on the GoodData platform
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Startup DNA is a must, you need to prove you can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Computer Science or simmilar undergraduate degree from a reputable university at a minimum
- Business Intelligence/Big Data experience a big plus
- Ability to recruit both small developers through marketing programs and large technology vendors through face-to-face selling.
Are you this person? Do you have the DNA to work in a fast moving, dynamic and exciting, well-funded hot start-up? If so, we want to hear from you.
GoodData is committed to creating a diverse work environment, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To all recruitment agencies: GoodData does not accept agency resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, GoodData employees or any other company location. GoodData is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.