VP, Business and Mission Development
- Edmonton, Canada
Goodwill Industries of Alberta (Goodwill) is a social enterprise, a business that uses profit for a purpose. Our mission is to provide Albertans with disabilities the opportunity to enhance their lives through meaningful employment. Goodwill has been part of the fabric of Alberta for more than 60 years and will continue to be part of that tapestry by pursuing innovative opportunities and strengthening our foundation. As an outcome-driven organization, we have set the stage for results that will showcase excellence in all aspects of our business. We are focused on our mission and values, strengthened by a new vision, led by an energetic and inspired Executive team, and supported by the most dedicated staff. We are well under way to building our Goodwill family and our future.
Are you seeking a rewarding career with a dynamic social enterprise that leads an emerging sector of helping Albertans with disabilities find meaningful employment? Join a passionate team whose mission is to provide individuals with disabilities the opportunity to enhance their lives through meaning employment.
Goodwill is seeking to attract to our team a new Vice President of Business and Mission Development to lead and oversee the development, advancement and growth of new business opportunities to support mission success and to develop and maintain effective key relationships within the community and amongst our stakeholders and partners. Building on our strong track record in the Alberta community, we are now seeking a highly effective and experienced leader to strengthen and increase the financial capacity of the organization and to provide leadership and management in the areas of business development, mission development, marketing, communications and public relations.
The VP of Business and Mission Development is a key leader within Goodwill’s Executive team reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In conjunction with the Executive Team, the VP of Business and Mission Development will support the development of the Corporate Planning Cycle and its components (Strategic Plan, Departmental Operating Plans, Corporate Performance Measures, Forecasting and Staffing Plans) ensuring integration, alignment and timely implementation of all components throughout the organization.
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, results-oriented professional, with exceptional communication, organizational, and project management skills. You are above all else a communicator, equally comfortable in front of a major donor or corporate donor, the Board of Directors, the senior leadership team, in a media interview or speaking in front of an audience of 1 000. You thrive in a dynamic, demanding and challenging environment. You have a proven record in meeting revenue targets and objectives and are keen to make your mark in an exciting, not for profit, social enterprise supporting the Alberta community.
PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
In addition to embracing and committing to advancing Goodwill’s mission, it is expected that the Vice President, Business and Mission Development will provide sound, effective and professional management of his/her portfolio. The incumbent will be a dynamic team member of Goodwill’s Executive team ensuring Goodwill is an enterprise focused on optimum, effective and responsible investment of resources (human, financial and the generosity of the donor community). He/she will also champion the Triple P bottom line of People, Profit and Planet and, within the pillar of profit, have a strong understanding of “Profit with Purpose” (i.e. the development of Goodwill’s mission and the people we support).
The Vice President of Business and Mission Development is an Executive position and will bring to the Goodwill team some or all of the following professional, personal and professional attributes:
- A minimum of ten years of increasingly senior leadership experience within some or all of the portfolios of people development, marketing and communication and fund and business development.
- A strong understanding of and a proven track record and experience in strategy, negotiation and entrepreneurship.
- A credible and assured business presence complemented with personal drive, resourcefulness, maturity, and a keen desire to work in a dynamic, evolving and expansionary environment.
- A self-starter with an energetic, results-oriented management style combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good listener who understands and embraces the needs of others.
- An inspiring leader who mentors, coaches, excites and brings the best out of people and embraces the diversity of the Goodwillian family.
- An approachable leader who is open minded, willing to embrace and shape change.
- An outstanding analytical problem solver who is well organized and detail oriented.
- A leader who is confident, humble, respectful and who is willing to pull up his/her sleeves to assist the front lines when necessary.
- A leader with experience in working successfully with not-for-profits, boards and committees.
- A leader who personifies best practices, embraces innovation, strives for the ideal versus just good enough and is committed to helping form and shape Goodwill as a recognized leader in producing and providing opportunity for persons with disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume in confidence to Shabeena Habib, Executive Director, HR and Employee Relations at email@example.com by July 20, 2013.
- Posted: July 8, 2013
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Executive
- Functions: Business Development, Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Industries: Not for profit