Human Resources Assistant
- Little Rock, AR
Providing a Chance, Not Charity
We believe in work. Why? Because we have witnessed its power to transform lives. Work helps build self-confidence, independence and empowerment. We at Goodwill believe that everyone deserves a chance to have these things in life and that sometimes people need a “hand up, not a hand out.” Goodwill provides that chance.
Goodwill provides a broad range of training and employment opportunities to assist adults in overcoming barriers to employment so they may achieve a level of independence to participate more fully in life.
Our skills training, education, job preparation and placement programs build lives, families and communities—one job at a time. Placing individuals in productive and competitive employment fills them with the value, joy and dignity of a paycheck. Putting people to work not only benefits the individual, but also the communities’ economic vitality as well, through taxes, spending power, real estate values, quality of life, and relief to social services and welfare systems.
Human Resources Assistant (Little Rock Main Office)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position is primarily responsibility for the establishment, maintenance and security for the personnel records for Goodwill Industries of Arkansas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create, update and send 'Absent & Tardy' report, and the Policy Violation/Performance Improvement Plan reports. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
2. Create and maintain personnel files, e.g., new hire, medical, payroll, and I-9's. This duty is performed daily, about 60% of the time.
3. Merge personnel, medical and payroll files to create a termination record. Create suitable storage receptacle, label and store appropriately. This duty is performed weekly, about 15% of the time.
4. Monitor Tax-Deferred Annuity election forms to ensure the benefit is 'elected' or 'waived'; communicate elections to payroll. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
5. Assemble new-hire packets and forward to requesting manager. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
6. Copy, assimilate and distribute the Employee Handbook. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
7. Serve as switchboard relief as needed.
8. Respond to requests for benefits literature and other HR materials.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Goodwill offers a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement and retail incentives.
To apply for this job please visit www.GoodwillAR.org.