- Little Rock, AR
Providing a Chance, Not Charity
We believe in work. Why? Because we have witnessed its power to transform lives. Work helps build self-confidence, independence and empowerment. We at Goodwill believe that everyone deserves a chance to have these things in life and that sometimes people need a “hand up, not a hand out.” Goodwill provides that chance.
Goodwill provides a broad range of training and employment opportunities to assist adults in overcoming barriers to employment so they may achieve a level of independence to participate more fully in life.
Our skills training, education, job preparation and placement programs build lives, families and communities—one job at a time. Placing individuals in productive and competitive employment fills them with the value, joy and dignity of a paycheck. Putting people to work not only benefits the individual, but also the communities’ economic vitality as well, through taxes, spending power, real estate values, quality of life, and relief to social services and welfare systems.
This position's primary responsibilities are to develop job opportunities for eligible Goodwill participants and clients and ensure continuous partnerships between Goodwill, other workforce partners, and the business community. This position is responsible for securing job placements for all possible Goodwill referrals, including but not limited to person's with physical and mental disabilities, persons with mental illness, ex-offenders, and others with significant disadvantages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise participants in on-site work setting; provide outcomes driven case management for all program participants; ensure measure are in place for participant safety. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
2. Maintain client schedules, daily attendance records and time cards; maintain participant files according to ARS/DHS standards. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Counsel participants on fine-tuning work habits/skills in preparation for competitive employment; assist with resumes, filling out job applications, applications for assistance. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
4. Teach weekly classes on job readiness skills and other areas key to job placement. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
5. Maintain professional relationships with rehabilitation counselors; coordinate support/services with rehab counselors and other agencies. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
6. Contact employers to establish opportunities for work experiences, OJT, and job shadowing; establish and maintain relationships business and industry leaders in the community. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
7. Serve as point-of-contact for referral of support services (State benefits, housing, transportation, etc.); adhere to client privacy rights and HIPPA requirements. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Generate and present progress reports on participants. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
9. Perform wage evaluations (production time study) with participants. This duty is performed irregularly, about 5% of the time.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver's License
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Basic: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
- Minimum of one year's experience working with people with disabilities and/or disadvantages populations.
- Knowledge of client privacy rights and HIPPA requirements.
- Attend identified training and/or meetings as required (i.e. State and local Chambers of Commerce)
- Willingness to participate in public relations activities as required.
- Able to communicate effectively before participants, and other groups
- Provide open, direct and frequent communication with all co-workers, supervisors and one stop partners regarding program activities.
ATTENTION ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS:
- Applications will only be considered when submitted directly to Goodwill Industries of Arkansas.
- Visit www.GoodwillAR.org. to apply for this position. CLICK on the "WORK AT GOODWILL" link at the top of the page, CLICK on the current job opening you want to apply for and complete your application to be considered.