Retail Assistant Manager -
- Little Rock, AR
Go to WWW.GoodwillAR.org
Why Work for Goodwill
Goodwill Industries of Arkansas is dedicated to making our local community a better place. Our employees are an important part of the cycle of giving in the community and hold valuable positions that move our organization ahead, from retail jobs to office supports.
Those who work at Goodwill get more than a paycheck, they go home with a sense of pride, dignity, and a job well done. They know they are making a difference.
Responsible for the operation of the store in the Manager's absence including maintaining the store and employees, handling banking, customer/donor inquiries and complaints. To assist the store manager with the day-to-day store operations and store performance to meet or exceed budget while operating in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises staff, giving them oral and written communications regarding work performance as necessary. May assist with interviewing applicants and conducting workplace orientations for new hires as needed. Ensures that all personnel files are maintained in a secure manner.
2. Ensures proper customer service to all donors and customers. Assists in developing additional donors for the store.
3. Motivates employees to reach production guidelines.
4. Monitors and controls the receiving, pricing, displaying and selling of store merchandise within price ranges established by Goodwill management. Adequately stocks and maintains interior and exterior of the store in an attractive manner.
5. Balances cash register receipts, prepares daily bank deposits and maintains records of store transactions for each business day as scheduled.
6. Uses cash register to total sales, accepts payments and authorizes voids, returns, exchanges and credit for merchandise.
7. Ensures the proper rotation of all store merchandise.
8. Manages store’s loss control by watching customers and employees and reporting suspicious activity to the Loss Prevention Director. Ensures that items are not given away without authorization.
9. Initiates and completes personnel and payroll records in a timely manner as well as other paperwork required in the day-to-day operations of the store, in the absence of the store manager.
10. Ensures a clean and safe environment in the store, processing area and/or donation center by practicing good housekeeping practices or delegating those tasks to store employees.
11. Ensures that correct sales reports are submitted on a daily basis, as directed by the manager.
12. Keeps employees’ daily attendance records and forwards employees’ requests for absences and vacations to the VP of Donated Goods, in the absence of the manager.
13. Ensures the store is open and operational during designated hours of operation.
14. Observes safety procedures and personnel policies and ensures compliance by employees, community service workers, volunteers and trainees.
15. Acts as a positive role model for employees, trainees and customers in all respects of professional development.
16. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
High school or GED, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 7 to 11 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Go to WWW.GoodwillAR.org to apply for this position.