Retail Store Manager
- Little Rock, AR
Go to WWW.GOODWILLAR.ORG to apply foe this position.
Why Work for Goodwill
Goodwill Industries of Arkansas is dedicated to making our local community a better place. Our employees are an important part of the cycle of giving in the community and hold valuable positions that move our organization ahead, from retail jobs to office supports.
Those who work at Goodwill get more than a paycheck, they go home with a sense of pride, dignity, and a job well done. They know they are making a difference.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
To oversee the day-to-day store operations and store performance to meet or exceed budget while operating in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures. Supervises store assistant managers, key holders, employees and temporary employees. May also supervise community service workers and volunteers. Revenues will range from $500,000 to $1 mllion per year.
Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill's Amazing Customer
Experience (ACE) culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and every
interaction you have with co-workers, clients, customers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recruits, hires and supervises staff, giving them oral and written communications regarding work performance as necessary. Interviews applicants, checks references and conducts workplace orientations for new hires as needed. Maintains secure personnel files. Initiates and completes personnel and payroll records in a timely manner as well as other paperwork required in the day-to-day operations of the store. Keeps employees’ daily attendance records and forwards employees’ requests for absences and vacations to the Director of Donated Goods.
2. Schedules employees with a focus on controlling payroll costs and adequate
coverage and customer service. Manages and motivates employees to reach
3. Ensures proper customer service to all donors and customers.
4. Monitors and controls the receiving, pricing, displaying and selling of store
merchandise within price ranges established by Goodwill management. Adequately stocks and maintains interior and exterior of the store in an attractive manner. Ensures the proper rotation of all store merchandise.
5. Assists in developing additional donors for the store.
6. Uses cash register to total sales, accepts payments and authorizes voids, returns, exchanges and credit for merchandise. Balances cash register receipts, prepares daily bank deposits and maintains records of store transactions for each business day. Ensures that correct sales reports are submitted on a daily basis.
7. Manages store’s loss control by watching customers and employees and reporting suspicious activity to the Loss Prevention Director. Ensures that items are not given away without authorization.
8. Provides input on store budget creation. Is responsible for achieving budget by
9. Ensures a clean and safe environment in the store, processing area and/or donation center by
practicing good housekeeping practices or delegating those tasks to store employees.
10. Plans and organizes monthly store meetings, functions, and activities.
11. Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
Observes safety procedures and personnel policies and ensures compliance by
employees, community service workers, volunteers and trainees.
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a
specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 3 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement and retail incentives.
To apply for this job please visit www.GoodwillAR.org.