- Norwalk, OH
Goodwill is a non profit organization that provides education, job training, employment services, and career development for people experiencing disabling and disadvantaging conditions to enable them to achieve their highest levels of independence. EOE.
The Retail Lead Clerk is responsible for maintaining store inventory, merchandising, customer service, receipts, recording and compiling reports as required by management. He/she is responsible for preparing the store for business by fulfilling opening and closing activities. Will act on behalf of the Retail Store Manager and Assistant Retail Store Manager in his/her absence, and for assisting in managing store employees.
- Help management meet budgeted store sales and production goals.
- Perform administrative tasks including reporting, ordering of supplies, check-in and close-out procedures, and cash management in Retail Store Manager’s absence.
- Responsible for general operation of the store cash register/POS system, including ringing up purchases, collecting money, making change and applying discounts.
- Maintain records of store operations as required; complete all reports and information requested by management in a timely fashion, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Secure facility, donations, and store merchandise by implementing loss prevention and store security measures.
- Adhere to all company personnel policies and procedures; assist all clerks and store personnel in understanding and following policies and procedures.
- Promote sale of selected merchandise and special sale items; assist customers by providing proper customer service.
- Maintain store buildings and grounds in a clean, neat and safe condition; report need for maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Sort, pull, display and arrange merchandise as instructed by the store managers and train other store personnel in such duties.
- Manage the intake and out-take of donated goods.
- Assume responsibility for general duties of Retail Store Manager or Retail Assistant Store Manager in his/her absence.
- Pursue professional career development through continuing education and training opportunities.
- Promote positive teamwork among co-workers.
- Attend safety trainings and follow all safety procedures and protocols to ensure a safe and supervised work environment for all employees at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with co-workers, customers and donors with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of retail operations, sales, community and customers relations.
- Knowledge of computer technology, including cash register and POS systems, and computer programs (Word, Excel, Support 2020), social media and email.
- Ability to sort, hang and distribute donated goods; to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. or to assist in this process; and to bend, stoop, walk, sit, use hands, reach, climb stairs, balance, and kneel.
Education and experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2 years experience retail experience required.
Submit resumes to Bambi Link at firstname.lastname@example.org