Helms College Admissions Representatives
- Macon, GA
Helms College, a non-profit career college, is the first Goodwill post secondary educational venture of its kind and offers fully accredited curriculum of certificate, diploma and degree programs. It embodies a unique integration of experiential learning, intensive student advisement and mentoring services to achieve middle skills career advancement.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia & the CSRA's Mission is to help people discover and develop their God-given gifts through education, work, and career development services. The Macon & Augusta, GA based non-profit has placed over 6820 people in jobs in the last 5 years.
Dr. Edgar J. Helms, Jr., founded the Goodwill movement in Boston in 1902 based on one simple philosophy: What people really want is "not charity, but a chance" to work.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia was founded in 1975. When James K. Stiff, came to Goodwill of Middle Georgia in 1994, the organization was still very small, employing only 60 individuals. Mr. Stiff saw the need for the services that Goodwill provides in the CSRA and added them in 1996. Since then, Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA has grown to over 700 individuals on payroll and 14 value retail stores.
So the next time you donate to us, shop with us, or outsource your supplementary work to us, you are really helping to provide meaningful jobs to people who simply seek a hand up, not a handout.
Find out more about what else Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA offers: www.helms.edu www.edgarshospitality.com www.andersonconferencecenter.com www.goodboats.org
Macon Administrative Office 5171 Eisenhower Parkway Macon, Georgia (478) 475-9995 Mon – Fri 8:00 am -6:00 pm
Augusta Administrative Office 231 Fury’s Ferry Road, Suite 210 Augusta, Georgia (706) 650-5760 Mon – Fri 8:30 am –5:30 pm
- Recruit and admit new students for curriculum programs in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies of the Institute
- Contact and meet with prospective students, referral partners, high school counselors and teachers to explain benefits of the attending HCI.
- Participate in classroom visitation and other special events to explain programs to potential students.
- Provide information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents via phone, mail and personal visits; follows up with mail or phone call, as appropriate.
- Provide input and subject matter expertise in the development of new programs.
- Maintain timely and accurate reports of contacts and prospects and provide updates in weekly staff meetings.
- Assist new students with the enrollment process including advising, placement testing administration, and registration of first-time students.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques
- Knowledge of curriculum program offerings and admissions requirements
- Knowledge of human relations and personnel practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and database management
- Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds
Helms College does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com