Financial Aid Advisors
- Macon, GA
Helms College, a non-profit career college, is the first Goodwill post secondary educational venture of its kind and offers fully accredited curriculum of certificate, diploma and degree programs. It embodies a unique integration of experiential learning, intensive student advisement and mentoring services to achieve middle skills career advancement.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia & the CSRA's Mission is to help people discover and develop their God-given gifts through education, work, and career development services. The Macon & Augusta, GA based non-profit has placed over 6820 people in jobs in the last 5 years.
Dr. Edgar J. Helms, Jr., founded the Goodwill movement in Boston in 1902 based on one simple philosophy: What people really want is "not charity, but a chance" to work.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia was founded in 1975. When James K. Stiff, came to Goodwill of Middle Georgia in 1994, the organization was still very small, employing only 60 individuals. Mr. Stiff saw the need for the services that Goodwill provides in the CSRA and added them in 1996. Since then, Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA has grown to over 700 individuals on payroll and 14 value retail stores.
So the next time you donate to us, shop with us, or outsource your supplementary work to us, you are really helping to provide meaningful jobs to people who simply seek a hand up, not a handout.
Find out more about what else Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA offers: www.helms.edu www.edgarshospitality.com www.andersonconferencecenter.com www.goodboats.org
Macon Administrative Office 5171 Eisenhower Parkway Macon, Georgia (478) 475-9995 Mon – Fri 8:00 am -6:00 pm
Augusta Administrative Office 231 Fury’s Ferry Road, Suite 210 Augusta, Georgia (706) 650-5760 Mon – Fri 8:30 am –5:30 pm
- Analyzes and packages student financial awards in accordance with applicable regulations, statutes and policies.
- Maintains files and databases; certifies student loan applications; implements, maintains and utilizes computer assisted financial aid management systems
- Monitors financial aid advising to insure program and audit compliance with regulatory compliance Maintains institutional regulatory compliance in all federal and state student assistance programs; submits reports to federal and state agencies
- Makes adjustments to over-under awards by determining the amount of aid to be cancelled or repaid while ensuring accuracy in system data entry and processing, and contacting students regarding possible alternatives
- Assists in financial aid loan processing and validation.
- Interviews and advises students in regard to educational financial planning; assists the manager with educational grants and loan programs, student employment and scholarship programs.
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees.
- Contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field with two years’ experience in a higher education (Financial Aid preferred) environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires excellent computer skills with attention to detail and accuracy and a working knowledge of automated higher education management systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply federal and state regulations and guidelines.
Helms College does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com