- Macon, GA
Helms College, a non-profit career college, is the first Goodwill post secondary educational venture of its kind and offers fully accredited curriculum of certificate, diploma and degree programs. It embodies a unique integration of experiential learning, intensive student advisement and mentoring services to achieve middle skills career advancement.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia & the CSRA's Mission is to help people discover and develop their God-given gifts through education, work, and career development services. The Macon & Augusta, GA based non-profit has placed over 6820 people in jobs in the last 5 years.
Dr. Edgar J. Helms, Jr., founded the Goodwill movement in Boston in 1902 based on one simple philosophy: What people really want is "not charity, but a chance" to work.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia was founded in 1975. When James K. Stiff, came to Goodwill of Middle Georgia in 1994, the organization was still very small, employing only 60 individuals. Mr. Stiff saw the need for the services that Goodwill provides in the CSRA and added them in 1996. Since then, Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA has grown to over 700 individuals on payroll and 14 value retail stores.
So the next time you donate to us, shop with us, or outsource your supplementary work to us, you are really helping to provide meaningful jobs to people who simply seek a hand up, not a handout.
Find out more about what else Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA offers: www.helms.edu www.edgarshospitality.com www.andersonconferencecenter.com www.goodboats.org
Macon Administrative Office 5171 Eisenhower Parkway Macon, Georgia (478) 475-9995 Mon – Fri 8:00 am -6:00 pm
Augusta Administrative Office 231 Fury’s Ferry Road, Suite 210 Augusta, Georgia (706) 650-5760 Mon – Fri 8:30 am –5:30 pm
- Responsible for assisting in the input and maintenance of all student academic records and correspondence, including the dissemination of reports and data to the appropriate recipients.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date student demographic and academic records.
- Posts daily student attendance to student record, including externship attendance.
- Posts transfer, advanced standing and challenge exam credits to student record.
- Processes transcript requests, graduation verifications, and enrollment verification letters for current and former students. Posts grades.
- Assists and participates in graduation ceremonies as required.
- Prepares files for new student orientation.
- Processes attendance records for students and distribute to Academic Advisors, Financial Aid, and Bursar.
- Audits files for completeness.
- Closes files upon student separation from the institution.
- Verifies student attendance and provides certifications of attendance as required by various agencies.
- Associate Degree required in related field, Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in a clerical/records maintenance position, preferably in an institution of higher education.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, exceptional organizational and planning skills with great attention to detail, ability to collaborate with others, and professional demeanor for working with potential applicants, students, parents, families, colleagues, and member of the general public.
Helms College does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org