Director of Public Relations and Marketing
- Fort Myers, FL
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida is committed to serving people with disabilities and disadvantages by offering life-changing opportunities to achieve independence. Our programs and services are designed to give a "hand up, not a handout." We provide job training and placement, affordable housing, transportation assistance, youth programs, and other needed services in Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee Counties.
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida is seeking a dynamic, outgoing Director of Public Relations and Marketing.
In this role, you’ll meet amazing people who have surpassed their barriers to independence; showcase our clients, our mission, and our retail stores in the media; and you’ll serve as one of the public faces of an organization that helps more than 40,000 people a year.
Enhance public image of and strengthen public support for Goodwill’s mission, programs, and accomplishments through public relations, media relations, social media, advertising, and other communications programs. Represents Goodwill at presentations and in media.
Utilizes Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) to write materials for both internal and external marketing and public relations initiatives. Materials may include, but are not limited to, advertisements, news releases, brochures, newsletters instructional materials, and annual reports.
Supervises graphic artist/webmaster and community relations coordinator. Adobe Creative Suite experience (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Encore, Dreamweaver) a plus. Position requires the ability to perform duties at a computer work station and throughout all of Goodwill SWFL properties.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
• Minimum of five years experience in public relations or related field.
• Experience in media relations, special events and management.
• Outstanding public speaking/presentation skills.
• Intermediate to expert skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
• Experience managing/administering social media platforms.
• Availability to work evening and weekend events
• Valid driver’s license is necessary.
Apply online at goodwillswfl.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.