Retail Assistant Manager (Chula Vista)
- Chula Vista, CA
INDUSTRIES OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY (GISD), a private, not-for-profit 501 (c)(3)
charitable organization, was established in 1930. Our purpose is "Getting
People Jobs". Our mission is "To get people with disabilities and
other barriers to employment jobs by developing their skills and work habits
through training and real work."
Assists the Manager in the daily operations. Daily duties will include management functions, opening/closing store, overseeing production/retail operations, ensure themselves/staff follows all policies and procedures.
- Provides customer service by greeting and assisting customers/donors.
- Responds to customer’s inquires and complaints.
- Enforces safety, loss prevention, and all policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership, guidance and professional development to store staff.
- Models expected behavior, attitude and work ethic.
- Monitors sales activity to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Inventory stock; re-orders when inventory drops to specified levels.
- Performs work activities of subordinates.
- Ensures pricing and quality standards for profitability.
- Responsible for maintaining store in an orderly fashion with merchandise appropriately displayed.
- Documents and reports any concerns or issues in a prompt and timely manner.
- In the absence of other management assumes all daily responsibilities.
- Assists in training Supervisors and non-management staff.
- Performs administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Attends supervisory training as scheduled.
- Responsible for reviewing GISD Policies and Procedures on the GISD web site to continuously be informed of current, new or changes in our policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: At least two years related experience.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, Email, Internet Use, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance and driving record acceptable by Goodwill’s insurance company.
Other Requirements: Ability to operate electronic cash register. Ability to work with simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fractions, percentages, etc.). Ability to calculate figures and amounts related to cash handling (for example, change discounts, etc.). Ability to read and understand sales reports.
Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
If you would like to apply immediately, please go to our website at www.sdgoodwill.org and follow the link.
You may also apply at any of our Goodwill® employment centers:
- Santee, 9575 Mission Gorge Road, (619) 258-1736
- Point Loma, 3663 Rosecrans St., (619) 225-2200 X514
- Clairemont, 4220 Balboa Ave., (858) 836-7950
- Chula Vista, 1105 Broadway #205, (619) 420-1522
- Rancho Bernardo, 15703 Bernardo Heights Pkwy, (858) 798-9102
- Escondido, 329 W. Grand Ave., (760) 739-0600
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.