Retail Store Manager (Alpine)
- Alpine, CA
INDUSTRIES OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY (GISD), a private, not-for-profit 501 (c)(3)
charitable organization, was established in 1930. Our purpose is "Getting
People Jobs". Our mission is "To get people with disabilities and
other barriers to employment jobs by developing their skills and work habits
through training and real work."
Overall responsibilities for the store operation including hiring, recommendations for termination, financial reports and directly supervises sales, donation processing, and site management team in a Goodwill store. Duties include management functions such as safety and loss prevention compliance, opening/closing store, overseeing production/retail operations, store administrative paperwork and ensuring store employees receive training and follow all policies and procedures.
- Attends management/supervisory training as scheduled.
- Prepares all necessary performance appraisals, reviews, corrective action, termination packages/recommendations and training of all store employees.
- Completes store scheduling as per budgeted hours/store needs, controls labor to revenue, and follows up on work results.
- Oversees maintenance of premises at store.
- Analysis of store’s performance and communicates/completes necessary action as needed.
- Ensures quality customer service and good customer/donors relations are provided. Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Responds to all customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Enforces safety and loss prevention policies and procedures. Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean environment.
- Maintains operations by enforcing all operational, organizational, and personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Provides leadership, guidance and professional development to store staff. Models the expected behavior of the staff.
- Monitors sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Inventory stock/re-orders when inventory drops to specified levels.
- Ensures pricing and quality standards for profitability.
- Responsible for maintaining store merchandise safe, in orderly fashion, and appropriately displayed.
- Documents and reports any concerns or issues in a prompt and timely manner.
- Trains all new staff, including Supervisors, Assistant Managers and Senior Assistant Managers.
- Performs Administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Reviews P&L’s for profitability rations and controls costs throughout the year.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, interviewing and recommending hiring.
- Controls Active Employees Rosters and informs HR when positions are available or have been filled.
- Recommends terminations and fills out the necessary paperwork associated with the recommendation. Conducts termination meetings, when approved.
- Responsible for reviewing GISD policies and procedures on the GISD web site to continuously be informed of current, new or changes in our policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Associate’s degree/2 years of college/technical school preferred.
Experience: Two to five years related experience.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, Email, Internet Use, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance and driving record acceptable by Goodwill’s insurance company.
Other Requirements: Ability to operate electronic cash register. Ability to work with simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fractions, percentages, etc.). Ability to calculate figures and amounts related to cash handling (for example, change discounts, etc.). Ability to read and understand sales reports.
Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
If you would like to apply, please go to our website at www.sdgoodwill.org and follow the link.
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.