DIVISION: Workforce Development
REPORTS TO: Director, Workforce Development
POSITION SUMMARY: POSITION SUMMARY: Leads and manages a team of Employee Relations Specialists to ensure division placement outcomes are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Relationship Building and Management
1. Develops and implements job placement strategy to cultivate, manage, steward and track diverse local employers and prospects.
2. Engages with a broad range of stakeholders from C-level executives to hiring managers and HR professionals at various organizations to create awareness and buy-in around Goodwill of Greater Washington’s Workforce Development.
3. Grows and leverages a database of qualified leads through referrals, cold calling, face to face meetings, networking events and serving on various community committees.
4. Works with Employer Relations Specialists to best align participants’ skills, interests, and work preferences with those of employers.
Division Strategy and Operations
5. Leads a team of Employer Relations Specialists. Oversees the team’s execution of job placement strategy and align efforts across all Career Center locations.
6. Facilitates collaboration across division functions and staff to help create employer-driven, integrated programs.
7. Direct the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for the division’s placement services.
8. Conducts comprehensive human resources needs analysis of local employers and labor market trends.
9. Creates a centralized project plan that develops goals and tracks placement outcomes within an established timeline.
10. Use onsite data tracking software to maintain accurate records of sales and prospecting activities including employer outreach activities, sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and job orders from employers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Builds relationships with area employers and provides direct job placement services to program participants.
2. Develops a division-wide elevator pitch, employer outreach packet and marketing presentation for employers to position Goodwill of Greater Washington as a top-choice recruitment source.
3. Maintains a stakeholder feedback system with clients, employers, and professional colleagues to drive continuous improvement through feedback analysis, and makes program service modifications and enhancements as needed.
4. Prepares placement program evaluation, and develops and implements quality improvement plans as needed.
5. Develops, maintains, and analyzes placement services budget to maintain expenditure controls.
6. Ensures that the rights of persons served are upheld pre and post job placement.
7. Other job related duties as assigned.
Employer Relations Specialists