- Sacramento, CA
Goodwill believes in hiring the very best. We’ve credited our achievements to our employee-partners – creative, driven people who foster an environment to achieve our mission---to utilize Goodwill resources to help people with disadvantages achieve self-sufficiency. Next Move is a Subsidiary of Goodwill Industries Sacramento Valley and Northern Nevada.
Next Move (formerly Sacramento Area Emergency Housing Center) is a profound force in moving homeless families and individuals to self-sufficiency and self-reliance. Started as a Family Shelter program in 1972 to meet the basic needs of seven homeless families, the agency now serves an average of 500 people each day. Our mission is to assist families with children and individuals toward self-reliance.
Under direction of the Housing Services Director and with independent professional responsibility, performs case management with individual program participants in permanent housing; functions at a highly skilled level in such areas as assessment, individual counseling, group facilitation, community resource development; mainstreaming participants to community services; and performs other duties.
· Screens clients either in person or by telephone to determine their needs and eligibility for program assistance.
· Performs overall assessment of program participant’s needs and develops individualized service plans with short and long term goals.
· Reviews case plans weekly to adjust goals where needed or appropriate.
· Performs a wide variety of individual and group counseling with program participants; develops and facilitates an array of educational workshops and support groups designed to meet participant needs.
· Educates program participants on issues surrounding living skills, parenting, budgeting and money management, health and hygiene, housing, and drug and alcohol abuse.
· Develops and maintains comprehensive lists of community resources for use by program participants; refers program participants accordingly.
· Establishes individualized budgets with program participants and assists program participants in monitoring savings and expenditures.
· Performs in-home support services as directed.
· Documents all contact with program participants; prepares all screenings, assessments, service plans, evaluations, and reporting records.
· Coordinates incoming and outgoing participant referrals with other community agencies.
· Transports program participants as directed.
· Attends meetings and trainings as directed.
· Knowledge of social casework objectives, principles, and methods
· Knowledge of public welfare laws and the functions of public welfare agencies; principles of community organization and problems which call for the use of both public and private community resources
· Knowledge of individual and group behavior and effects of social and economic forces upon individuals and families
· Knowledge of principles and techniques of interviewing and documentation in social work
· Knowledge of group facilitation
· Basic computer skills/applications.
· Demonstrate skill in the application of casework methods and practices
· Provide program and casework consultation to other staff members
· Interpret to the applicant, program participant, or others the public welfare programs as set forth in the laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
· Follow established documentation guidelines
· Establish and maintain effective individual and group relationships with participants, the general public, and employees
· Bachelor’s Degree with one year pertinent experience in Social Services with an emphasis on casework and individual and/or group counseling; OR any combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the knowledge and ability to complete the duties outlined above.
· Bi-Lingual/Bi-Cultural knowledge is desirable.
· This position requires the ability to communicate and comprehend oral and written information, thinks critically; analyze information, makes reasonable decisions.
· This position requires a full range of physical mobility, such as bending, stooping, lifting, turning, carrying objects, and grasping, finger dexterity and the ability to see and hear.
· Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, Class C or higher, and proof of valid automobile insurance is required at the time of appointment. This position requires the ability to operate a motorized vehicle for the purposes of conducting agency business.
Offers of employment may be contingent on satisfactory results of a criminal history background check and drug test.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S.
Department of Social Security (SSA).
- 2 Positions Available
- $13.25 -16.00 depending on experience and location.
- Only Applicants who apply at http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?id=8a78861159b545760159f13bffa515ac&source=Smart%20Recruiters will be considered.