Health Care Integrator
- New York, NY
Graham Windham is a diverse, muliti-service agency that actively recruits hard-working and enthusiastic individuals looking to make a difference. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, there are exciting career opportunities often available. If you are committed to enriching the lives of those in need, you can find our most recent openings below with a description and necessary qualification.
Graham Windham offers competitive salaries with attractive benefits package.
Health Care Integrators (HCI) are employed by the Health Care Integration Agencies (HCIA’s). HCIs are responsible for Health Care Integration, the B2H Waiver service through which the Individualized Health Plan (IHP) is created and managed. Their role is to assess the need for services, develop and update the IHP, link the child and family/caregiver to identified services, consult with the child and caregiver, and advocate for the child’s needs.
Other Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Responsible for monitoring the Waiver Service Provider’s (WSPs) work in relation to the requirements of the goals outlined in IHP.
- Develop Individualized Health Plan for child/caregiver.
- Intercede on behalf of the child or caregiver to gain access to and or facilitate needed services and supports.
- Provides the link between the child and the Waiver Service Provider (WSPs).
- Conduct team meetings to discuss services and facilitate communication between caregiver and Waiver Service Providers (WSPs).
- Stabilize the environment for the child and caregiver.
- Advocate for the child’s needs.
- Communicates with the child’s caregiver/family to construct the plan and arranges for the necessary medical, social, rehabilitative, vocational, and educational services that the child needs.
- Introduce all Waiver Service Providers to the child and caregiver and work to establish good rapport between them.
- To assist in scheduling the delivery of services in and out of the home, as needed
- Twice a month travel to have contact with the child and caregiver/family.
The Social Worker Supervisor will be a NYS Certified Social Worker with an MSW degree, a minimum of 3 years postgraduate experience and at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Foster Care case management experience
- Mental Health experience
- Experience working with OMRDD, DD and Special Needs Population
Spanish Speaking (preferred
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and converse in English required; English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to communicate with staff, child care providers, families, support agencies and others.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress.
- Basic mathematical/quantitative ability
- Ability to evaluate/interpret information and make independent judgments/decisions.