Creative Marketing/ Sales Opening at a Fast Growing Small Business
- Upper Marlboro, MD
Granite Grannies is a woman owned fabricator and installer of custom natural stone countertops. We offer granite, marble, soapstone, quartzite, onyx, and quartz. We specialize in unique and off-the-beaten-path stones, whether exotic or standard priced. We also focus on custom design. We work with the customer to make sure the stone is not only designed with their lifestyle and tastes in mind, but also crafted to fit the unique space where it’s installed. We are a small, family and woman owned shop that focuses on one beautiful kitchen, bath, bar, or fireplace at a time. We are known in our community for having an unprecedented selection of beautiful stones, and a team that is courteous, professional, dedicated, and rather funny if we do say so ourselves.
We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help us grow our business and reputation. Since we are a small business, each person in the office wears many hats.
The Marketing Coordinator:
- Is in charge of all advertising and marketing
- Manages all social media profiles.
- Manages and updates our Wordpress website.
- Works with our photographer/videographer and graphic designer so that we have fresh content and physical marketing materials.
- Creates new content in the form of well written blogs, creative use of photos, videos and more.
- Creatively pushes this content out through appropriate avenues.
- Evolves their job description as the business grows and new marketing opportunities arise.
- Maintains and improves our adwords campaign.
- Participates in sales
- It’s not your primary task, but when the stone designers are busy, the Marketing Coordinator works with clients to select stone.
- Helps out with minor admin work
- Answering phones
- Scanning files, etc
- Goes to get the beer and pizza on birthdays.
- Competitive starting salary ($25,000-$32,000 depending on experience and qualifications)
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage available after 90 days, as well as HSA program available
- 401K available
- Paid leave after 90 days
- Lunch/beer on your birthday for the whole shop.
We’d like applicants to have their Bachelor’s Degree, and at least some experience in the Marketing and Sales. The more experience the better, but that said, we are most concerned with find someone who is creative, self-motivated, a quick learner (you’d have to come up to speed on the stone industry quickly and then some), and ideally has some interior design/ design/ home improvement background. You should be familiar with Word and Excel. Experience with Quickbooks and Photoshop would give you a big advantage. Bottom line, if you can convince us you’re worth hiring, we are flexible on experience requirements. The only area where we are not flexible is that you must be an excellent writer.
How to Apply
Please send you resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org . A cover letter (and unofficial transcripts for recent grads) could only improve your chances of getting an interview.
Granite Grannies is growing small business. We have about 10 employees so you interact with everyone on a day to day basis. We work hard, but maintain a playful atmosphere in the shop. Singing aloud to the radio is allowed and encouraged. Birthdays (and sometimes half birthdays if it’s been too long) are celebrated by lunch and beer on the house. Last year we had our summer celebration at the pool and the year before at King’s Dominion. The owner usually brings one or both of her dogs to work, and if you have an inspirational quote, you can write it on the office wall. Granite Grannies is unique in our industry. We focus on quality craftsmanship (and pay our polishers and installers more than most companies), we go above and beyond to make sure our clients have a beautiful kitchen and expose them to the wonders of the natural stone world. We are striving to not just be the busiest, but be the best in our field, to be the name that comes to mind when imagine your dream kitchen.