Full and Part-time Charter Drivers, Sightseeing Tour Drivers, and Trolley Tour Drivers
- Nashville, TN
Would you like to have a career where you love coming to work and get to meet people from all over the world? Do you love the history and music of Nashville and enjoy talking about it? Do you have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record?
If so, you should join Gray Line of Tennessee and become a full-time Sightseeing and Trolley Tour Driver.
Don’t have a CDL? That’s OKAY!
Gray Line of Tennessee, Nashville’s premiere tour and transportation Company, is recruiting Coach, Charter, Tour, and Trolley Drivers Full and Part-time.
We are looking for candidates with personality, people who want to show off Nashville and help guests to Nashville experience the best of Music City USA – and we are willing to train you!
CDL Training is also provided!
The paid training program is approximately 6 weeks. During the training program you will obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement.
The Tour Driver’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Drive in a safe, competent manner a air-conditioned trolley or tour bus on busy public streets while entertaining guests by narrating a partially scripted sightseeing tour up to 5 times daily of approximately 1 1/4 hours each in duration.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned.
- Ability to learn and know historical and musical facts about Nashville and Tennessee.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person and via the radio while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Must be able to board and exit the trolley/bus and assist patrons boarding and exiting the trolley/bus.
- Shall be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with coworkers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, climb stairs multiple times each day, and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
Gray Line Benefits:
- Competitive Wages
- Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and more.
- Paid Vacation
- Discounts in retail stores and at local attractions.
- Hiring Bonus
Hourly pay rate DOE + gratuities. Paid training. May earn quarterly safety bonus.
FT eligible for benefits package, paid vacation. Uniforms furnished.
Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
Will provide training to acquire a Class B or higher CDL with passenger endorsement.
Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR CHARTER DRIVERS AND SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS!
Charter drivers needed for local and out of town charters.
Prefer applicants with CDL Class A, B or C with Passenger endorsement. (BUT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CDL, WE OFFER PAID TRAINING!)
All applicants must possess clean MVR, clean criminal background and pre-employment drug screen.