- Jonesboro, AR
Great Dane Trailers manufactures dry vans, refrigerated vans and platform trailers that are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability. Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the most recognized trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
With division offices in Savannah, Georgia, and Chicago, Illinois, Great Dane has nine strategically located manufacturing plants in the United States. In addition, Great Dane utilizes a network of company-owned branches, full-line independent dealers, and parts-only independent dealers and has distribution points across North and South America.
Great Dane Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
The Plant Manager’s primary function will be to lead, direct and manage plant operations for our Jonesboro, AR facility. The Manager will have overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, engineering, quality, shipping/receiving, and human resources. Ideal candidate will have a strong lean manufacturing mindset, be a change agent and have exceptional leadership skills.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, holiday, 401(k), pension plan, vacation, and bonus.
- Provide assistance and arrange for resources to promote safety at production facilities.
- Participate in site level safety committees, coordinate site safety initiatives, safety technician training, develop action plans, and implement process changes as required.
- Promote a 'zero accident tolerance' standard of safety in all operations at your manufacturing site.
- Recommend, develop, participate, and coordinate, as necessary, production safety proposals designed to enhance site safety programs.
- Coordinate inventory, accounting and production at your location.
- Direct all site operations to insure ample supply of good quality products.
- Develop and track site metrics to insure site is meeting supply requirements.
- Have ownership of site capital and operational budgets with full Profit and Loss responsibility
- Take an active role in all site improvements.
- Participate in continuous quality initiatives, continuing refinement of commercial and/or foundation quality standards to meet/exceed stakeholder and customer quality expectations.
- Assist with making necessary ISO updates as business and/or process changes.
- Promote highest possible quality products at your plant.Keep abreast of new technology for production, processing and handling product that will improve quality and cost.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION
- Assist with development of tools to enhance assessment, recognition, and employee development and retention plans.
- Recruit and interview for plant salaried positions.
- Ensure all appraisals of site personnel are completed in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Record of managing and leading people in a diverse work environment in a manner that shows respect and upholds organizational values
- Strong cross-functional team building skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Lead by example with hands-on approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in MRP system
- Working knowledge in Fabrication, Welding & Assembly Processes
- Proven Quality Control standards and skills
- Knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning
- Knowledge and skills in World Class Manufacturing
- A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent degree is preferred.
- A master’s degree in Business Administration is a plus.
- Five years of experience in Management with a minimum of two years of experience in Plant Management preferably in a heavy manufacturing, make-to-order environment or equivalent experience.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
Managing production floor will require standing and walking for an extended period of time, wearing protective gear, handling and moving objects, inspecting equipment and materials
Exposure to manufacturing environment including mild irritants, heat, noise
Will receive phone calls out of work hours to support shift supervisors
Please submit your resume and salary history and salary requirement.
Ariel Pao, Human Resources Coordinator
Great Dane Trailers
222 N LaSalle St. #920
Chicago, IL 60601
Electronic versions of applications are preferred.