- Brazil, IN
Great Dane Trailers manufactures dry vans, refrigerated vans and platform trailers that are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability. Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the most recognized trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
With division offices in Savannah, Georgia, and Chicago, Illinois, Great Dane has eight strategically located manufacturing plants in the United States. In addition, Great Dane utilizes a network of company-owned branches, full-line independent dealers, and parts-only independent dealers and has distribution points across North and South America.
Great Dane Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Great Dane is leading the way in truck-trailer product engineering. Come join our talented team of CATIA design engineers setting the industry standard in 3D modeling of these highly custom products. Our vision is to provide all eight manufacturing facilities with a paperless environment where assembly team members build with graphical 3D images. We have started the conversion of our engineering products to this manufacturing philosophy but there still is a challenging amount remaining to be tackled. Your talent is needed!
The Product Engineer is responsible for processing sales orders and modifying existing designs to meet customer specifications. The position is also responsible for communicating sales orders to manufacturing for construction. The Design Engineer works under definitive objectives and reports to the Champion CL Dry Van Product Manager.
- Process weekly sales orders
- Build product model based off customer specifications for testing
- Provide detailed part prints, tool design and construction aids necessary for product construction
- Develop product manual for use
- Communicate with and manage professional relationships with manufacturing on a daily basis to ensure product specification integrity
- Communicate with and manage professional relationships with Inside Sales Group on a weekly basis to update customer order changes and approve layouts
- Communicate with and manage professional relationships with Purchasing Group on a weekly basis to relay BOM changes and request information and drawings from vendor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current CAD software to enable processing and manipulating of designs to fit sales order requests
- Knowledge of basic drawing practices
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with CATIA annotated models or model-based-definition is a plus
- Knowledge of current MRP/ERP system as it relates to processing sales orders
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Computer Graphics Technology or equivalent discipline
- Experience or education in CATIA Smart Team or other 3-D modeling system is highly preferred
- Send resume to JHenderson@GreatDaneTrailers.com
- Please include your salary history and/or requirement in your resume.