- Salina, KS
Great Plains Manufacturing goes to great pains to help farmers across the fruited plain to sow, grow, and harvest the fruits of their labor. Through its Great Plains division the company designs, manufactures, and sells agricultural planting, spraying, and cultivating equipment. Its Land Pride unit sells landscaping products, such as mowers and aerators. Great Plains Acceptance Corporation (GPAC) provides equipment financing, and Great Plains Trucking provides related trucking services in the US and Canada. Great Plains Manufacturing distributes its products through a network of about 1,000 Great Plains dealers and some 1,600 Land Pride dealers. The company also sells equipment to more than 50 countries.
The Drill Division of Great Plains currently has an opening for Shipping Manager position in our Salina Plant. This position will be responsible for the entire shipping operation 1st and 2nd shift for the Salina Complex. This is a new position and is a salaried position.
- Must be able to operate in an independent fashion to coordinate all aspects of export setup, racking, QA auditing, and processing.
- Ability to process all shipping documents and quality check offs.
- Ability to lead and organize daily workflow.
- Understand and administer company policies.
- Comply with all safety polices.
- Ability to read and interpret drill set up instructions.
- Ability to interpret assembly prints for export packaging.
- Ability to successfully interface with multiple managers and staff.
- Accountable for both finished goods and appropriate assets.
- Excellent time management skills, well organized and goal oriented.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical or Assembly background helpful.
- Safe and efficient operation of a forklift.
- Understanding and use of AS400 to locate and analyze product structure and parts availability.
- This position will work from 6:00AM to 4:30PM
Qualified applicants may apply in person at Great Plains Human Resources Department 1621 Dewey St., Salina, Kansas or by calling 785-823-9556 or E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.