- Salina, KS
Great Plains Manufacturing goes to great pains to help farmers across the fruited plain to sow, grow, and harvest the fruits of their labor. Through its Great Plains division the company designs, manufactures, and sells agricultural planting, spraying, and cultivating equipment. Its Land Pride unit sells landscaping products, such as mowers and aerators. Great Plains Acceptance Corporation (GPAC) provides equipment financing, and Great Plains Trucking provides related trucking services in the US and Canada. Great Plains Manufacturing distributes its products through a network of about 1,000 Great Plains dealers and some 1,600 Land Pride dealers. The company also sells equipment to more than 50 countries.
Great Plains Mfg., Inc., at our facility in Salina, Kansas is growing and expanding.
We are currently accepting application for production machinist in our expanding laser/torch department
Previous experience in industrial manufacturing and ability to work with minimal supervision and a positive attitude with great communication skills is a real plus.
- Set up and operate a variety of machines, such as laser/plasma torch to fabricate metal work pieces
- Analyze specifications and determine tooling, applying knowledge of metal properties, machining and shop mathematics
- Study blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize machining required and plan sequence of operations
- Verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and various gauges
- Ensure products meet or exceed specifications as part of our quality program
- Ensure all processes are carried out with the required use of safety controls
- Ensure proper communication with team members to attain all safety, quality and production requirements
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Must be flexible to be crossed trained in different areas of the shop as required
Preferred Work Experience, Skills and Education
- 2 years + experience running any of the following: laser and or plasma torch
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to lift, squat and bend with up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work and stand 10 hour days in a non-climate controlled manufacturing work environment
3rd Shift - Monday to Friday - 10 pm to 6 am
Excellent Benefits Package
Qualified applicants may apply in person at Great Plains Human Resources Department 1621 Dewey St., Salina, Kansas or by calling 785-823-9556 or E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.