Rates & Contracts Strategist
- Maple Grove, MN
Great River Energy is a not-for-profit cooperative which provides wholesale electricity to more than 630,000 member-consumers, or approximately 1.7 million people, through 28 member distribution cooperatives in Minnesota and Wisconsin. With $2.8 billion in assets, Great River Energy is the second largest utility in the state, based on generating capacity, and the fifth largest generation and transmission (G&T) cooperative in the United States. Great River Energy’s member cooperatives range from those in the outer-ring suburbs of the Twin Cities to the Arrowhead region of Minnesota to the farmland of southwestern Minnesota. Great River Energy’s largest distribution cooperative serves more than 120,000 member-consumers; the smallest serves just over 2,400. For more information, visit www.GreatRiverEnergy.com.
Innovative people with a “can-do” attitude—they’re the power that makes Great River Energy (GRE) a dynamic industry leader. Here, you’ll find a level of enthusiasm and commitment that will invigorate your career. Our consumer-owned electric utility company will offer you a wide range of exciting challenges. We are seeking a resourceful and compelling individual for our Rates & Contract Strategist position.
* Evaluate, develop and implement contract structures, terms and conditions to support GRE and its member cooperatives with wholesale power supply.
* Create and implement wholesale rates and rate design in alignment with GRE’s strategic imperatives;
* Facilitate member cooperative engagement and development of load management program rates and strategies;
* Lead and manage projects including defining scope, identifying and managing resources, schedule and budget.
* Analyze, review and provide recommendations on current statues, rules, legislation, policies and industry practices related to electricity sales.
* Foster strategic load growth opportunities through development of retail-oriented contracts, rates and relationships;
* Effectively communicate and present complex contracts, rate design and strategic imperatives to key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, law or related field with 5+ year’s business analysis and/or business strategy experience, and 3+ years experience working with electric cooperatives or within the electric utility industry or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong aptitude in assimilating complex information and communicating findings; execute excellent presentation and communication skills; demonstrate solid analytical and financial skills, possess ability to develop great rapport with a diverse client group; skilled in project management, decision making and great problem solving skills; as well as the ability to plan, supervise and lead concurrent initiatives and projects.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive salaries, continuing education, performance rewards, flexible schedules, cafeteria, and generous 401K plan along with many more benefits. To apply, visit our website at www.greatriverenergy.com. Application deadline August 29, 2014. An EEO/AA Employer.