- Maple Grove, MN
Great River Energy is a not-for-profit cooperative which provides wholesale electricity to more than 630,000 member-consumers, or approximately 1.7 million people, through 28 member distribution cooperatives in Minnesota and Wisconsin. With $2.8 billion in assets, Great River Energy is the second largest utility in the state, based on generating capacity, and the fifth largest generation and transmission (G&T) cooperative in the United States. Great River Energy’s member cooperatives range from those in the outer-ring suburbs of the Twin Cities to the Arrowhead region of Minnesota to the farmland of southwestern Minnesota. Great River Energy’s largest distribution cooperative serves more than 120,000 member-consumers; the smallest serves just over 2,400. For more information, visit www.GreatRiverEnergy.com.
We currently have an opening for a Leader, Communications within our Corporate Communications department. The successful candidate will provide strategic communications counsel to Great River Energy’s Membership & Energy Markets Division and act as a business partner to support the execution of corporate communication objectives.
- Supervises and coaches communications staff and freelance contractors providing work direction and managing performance.
- Develops and implements public relations and communications programs to support business goals and enhance Great River Energy’s reputation. Includes setting goals, measuring success and evaluating progress.
- Works with internal and external partners to develop and implement communications tactics, including traditional communication vehicles and social media.
- Develops and participates in member cooperative and community relations outreach efforts.
- Participates in media relations initiatives, acting as spokesperson or coaching spokesperson.
Normal office conditions with 30% travel between locations with off-site, off-hour meetings required.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by September 12, 2014. GRE is an EEO/AA Employer.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, public affairs or related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in communications is required.
- Electric utility and/or cooperative experience is preferred.
- Proven project management experience including the ability to manage concurrent projects, process improvement and measuring and monitoring results.
- Demonstrated superior communications skills, both written and verbal. Ability to transform technical information into clear, comprehensible messages.
- Energetic, proactive, well-organized professional with demonstrated experience working with and counseling senior leadership.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, state certified apprentice program, and opportunity for professional growth. Application deadline is August 29, 2014. An EEO/AA Employer.