Development/Fundraising Intern (unpaid)
- Cleveland, OH
The Greater Cleveland Food Bank’s mission is working together to ensure that everyone in our communities has the nutritious food they need every day. The Food Bank is the cornerstone of Northeast Ohio’s hunger relief efforts, serving as the link between members of the food industry that have excess food and over 600 local hunger programs. The Food Bank is the sole nonprofit provider of food to local nonprofit hunger centers in our six-county service area, distributing nonperishable food, fresh produce, perishable and frozen foods, and prepared meals.
The Food Bank was founded in 1979 when representatives from the food service industry partnered with local charities to find an efficient way to distribute surplus food that might otherwise go to waste.
Join Our Team!
Please visit our website at www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org
The internship is unpaid, up to 15 hours per week during the Fall Semester (approximately 12-16 weeks)
INTERNSHIP PROJECT: Support programs and activities which raise funds for the Greater Cleveland Food Bank.
Assist with the coordination of donor solicitation strategies
· Conduct research and analysis of potential donors and draft research profiles
· Assist Development staff in securing auction items/raffle items for GCFB events
· Prepare donor packets for and follow up on donor visits with Development staff
Support the Development staff
· Assist with special projects and donor visit preparation.
· Assist with development mailings and filing
· Assist in planning donor events and other activities.
· Assist in writing donor letters.
Assist with the coordination of communications strategies
· Contribute to writing donor acknowledgment letters, print communications, and donor cultivation pieces
· Assist with creating development department reports and written materials including online content and email updates
· Must be a Junior or higher.
· Excellent writing, research, and organizational skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Ability to quickly master donor database software, particularly The Raiser’s Edge software
· Self-motivated and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
· Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
· Professional demeanor
· Commitment to addressing issues of food insecurity
· Ability to work up to 15 hours per week within business hours (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday)
· Communicating effectively with people in person as well as via telephone and email
· Using a computer to create written communication
Proficiency in Windows based computer software required. Must possess basic understanding, familiarity, and sensitivity to hunger and poverty issues. Must be able to effectively work in a team atmosphere with highly diverse people in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the Benefits Outreach Department and carry out the mission and values of the Greater Cleveland Food Bank. Must possess outstanding communication skills with strong attention to detail.